on no!

Nope, non at the moment. Could you give a little more information about your system, a possible Direct X file, have you installed any version of Norton or other sotfware that could conflict with Dune Emperor ? [ a cd burning sofware programm for instance ]. And last but not least, dit you change anyhing on your system sinds it has happend, updating drivers, installed newsoftware, things like that ... .

:)

Norton antivirus has been proven faital in combination with Dune Emperor. Both the Westwood tech-support as our own boards have had that problem numerous of times. Now it doesn't have to be that in your case, although uninstalling Norton Antivirus could solve your problem. You might need to reinstall Emperor aswell after that.

I have Nero installed and I can play Emperor. By the way, good call Doc. You are the master ;D . It must be that Nero installed incorrectly or something like that.

There is/are Nero versions which screw up EBFD. Don't ask me which one though, but I know there was a person in the lock up thread who had that problem. Hence why I addressed it here ;)

I believe you doc. I am sure that some people are having the problem you mentioned and I would not think of that as a problem since I have been using Nero for a long time with no problems. I must be lucky with the version (5.5.9.17) I have of Nero.