Emperor wont start

ZeroSkaterkid06

Hey guys, got a problem. Emperor wont start up on my computer, it used to a long time ago then my computer got wiped out and i changed a few things that might be causing problems

1) i installed windows 2000

2) New video card (ati radeon 9000 pro)

3) i direct x is now version 9

what the problem exactly is is the loading screen thing comes up and then it goes away and the game doesn't load

well my system specs are

Windows 2000

ATI Radeon 9000 pro 64mb (with latest drivers, 3.2 i think)

384mb ram

AMD Athlon 1.2ghz

DirectX 9.0a

Im gonna attach a dxdiag.txt

thanks for any and all help i can get :D

~Steve

Have you tried to patch the game before you installed it ?

You can find it here at Westwood.

It could be a CDrom error, we'll look into that. . I'm just pressed for time at the moment so the responds might take some time .. :-

There isn't one on this topic. Could be there is already a file with that name in the upload directory. You could rename the file from dxdiag.txt to zero-dx.txt or something like that. Don't think it will give you any problems then. :)

Norton antivirus has been proven faital in combination with Dune Emperor. Both the Westwood tech-support as our own boards have had that problem numerous of times. Now it doesn't have to be that in your case, although uninstalling Norton Antivirus could solve your problem. You might need to reinstall Emperor aswell after that.

Sorry that I'm quoting myself .. I just have another 5 minutes until my buss leaves and thi sway you have a sort of a reply at this time :)

The same topic also mentioned that installed versions of Nero Burninr ROM could cause problems. . ...

actually im hesitent to try because i dont know if i could reinstall it right with our account and stuff like taht and my parents would be royally p!$$3d off if i screw up the computer, lol, even if they mess it up they blame it on me and my computer games... are u sure there is no other possible problem?

Click on the executabele file of Emperor, then right-click on it. Click on properties, then simply select the campatibility tab.

[ no WinXP computer here so I'm not shure, thought it was located there :- ]

Not shure but this could be newer drivers for you grafics card. If no tyou can select them here.

Have you tried the Westwood patch for Emperor Battle for Dune ?

Although we would suggest you de-install Norton Antivirus and try if the game works . . .if not you can installed in back again right after you have tried.

Adn I don't remember what resolution emperor run's on, although 16 bit 800 X 600 seems a bit low for a game like that. [ I know, usually you have to lower them ;) ], you could try to change those and see if it helps any.