And The Makers Decended Upon the Earth

TMA_1

"anything that is out of place in an environment is suspect. If a planet contains something alien, then that alien thing must have been transplanted."

Basically that is the quote from the character called Stetsen from the book "The Godmakers", written by Frank Herbert.

The worms are alien to arrakis. It once was a lush planet that teamed with life. Before the transformation to rakis, before paul lived, before the fremen even stepped foot on the planet. Something ancient must have transplanted the sandtrout in order to produce worms on arrakis. Why are they there anyways? it seems to be apart of the greater plan. This wasent done in ignorance. Something knew what the sandtrout would do to ancient arrakis. That Something must have known that spice would be key in the growth of mankind. I am wondering what you guys think all of this stuff means. Also, tell me and other people posting what you think that Something could be. Of course we dont have the information on that. You can still give your opinion though.hehe

I think it is some sort of higher spiritual power. It knew that there would be a greater plan for mankind. It knew that the spice made by the creatures called sandtrout would be the key to all of this. Its just my opinion.

Bjork : Sir, Sir! We arrived at our destination. It's so green it disgusts me.

Bjark : Good. Very good. Release neutron connective dehydralizer 1! This planet will no longer be blocking our view of Planet Bjrk!

Bjirk : Neutron connective dehydralizer away!

Bjark : Oh Frell! That was the sandtrout canister! Abort mission, return to base! The planet has won this battle, but not the warr!

Bjirk : Neutron connective dehydralizer away!

Bjark : What? Noooo!! That's us!.......You idiot!......How could you......I mean really!......Of all things......Well I neverrrrrr!.......

Boom.

Why do you find it safe to assume that the sandtrout had the purpose to lead a greater mankind? It could very well have been a key evolutionary step evolving into a sandtrout, like prokaryotes to eukaryotes. It's hard to imagine a prokaryote evolving into gametes, and during the course of growth turn into a 1420 pound man, but it happened, so this could happen as well.

As for the quote, a sandworm being in a lush, green planet would seem alien, but a sandtrout wouldn't (which is what came first after all). During the transformation of Arrakis, the worms did not seem alien - and were never an alien on Arrakis because the environment changed with it.

Why do you find it safe to assume that the sandtrout had the purpose to lead a greater mankind? It could very well have been a key evolutionary step evolving into a sandtrout, like prokaryotes to eukaryotes. It's hard to imagine a prokaryote evolving into gametes, and during the course of growth turn into a 1420 pound man, but it happened, so this could happen as well.

Dont argue with my opinion man. This is not the politics and religion board. Take your agenda elsewhere. It doesnt matter if you disagree. You can state your own opinion. Just dont argue about it here though.

Just say how you feel and stop focusing on how others feel. this is the Duniverse board.lol

Any other opinions on this?

Vanguard: oooh, I was thinking of doing the same thing. can you maybe go on MSN and tell me the basic ideas? would love to hear em. :)

ADDED SENTANCE:

Acriku: Also, I forgot to say, the sandtrout were transplanted to arrakis. It says that in the books. They were not originally from arrakis.

Ignoring totalitarian, ego-driven remarks...

The sandtrout may have been put there, but they could have evolved into becoming sandworms. Like the sandtrout being put on Arrakis, for a long while the water was disappearing, and thus forcing an evolutionary key adaptation - morphing into huge creatures, like a metamorphosis stage before becoming more intimate with the change.

has anybody also noticed that much of the talk of ancient ages is only in the prequels? I also remember reading that Leto II had prescient visions of adam and eve. Adam was the one that took the apple.lol

What do you guys think about this stuff though? how do you think all of this happened? The sandtrout were transplanted on arrakis, and for thousands of years the worms had to grow to become shui hulud. Many of the worms are probably close decendants of the early seeding.

Vanguard: Love your ideas. Ill IM you about some more stuff that is going on. :)

"Leto II had prescient visions of adam and eve"

Not prescience, but other memory.

Going on?

Please, if you have ideas, share them. That's what the board's for. We can all discuss them, and enhance all our understandings from that.

hmmm I see differently nema as in the fact that I see other memory and prescience as basically the same effect from the causation of spice.

your probably right though.lol

What did you mean about Going on?

I think other memory is simply genetic memory, and tehrefore has nothing to do with the spice. It jsut happens taht the spice-essence is one of a few drugs that permits you to open your mind to other memory. There is, in fact, sceintific research and theories regarding it.