House Atredies Book

Nick

Ive read the original series by Frank Herbert, and have recently begun to read House Atredies. At one point the Beast Rabban hunts and kills a worm, which brings me to thinking..... why didnt the Harkonens try too kill all the large worms? Anybody have ideas?

Which leads me to another question, if they cant travel long distances without the Spice, how did they get to Dune in the first place? or is that explained at another time?

They COULD travel long distences using space engines like you see in Sci-Fi shows. Problem was that they weren't very powerful and traveling from planet to planet could take months. Further more, the engines only went so powerful before the human body couldn't take it anymore and foresay on a machine one could (Proven in BJ).

Well they think the Fremen are only a few people back in that book anyway. and the Book House Atredies doesnt even cover any Harkonen thinking of the possibility seeing then you wouldn't loose any harvesters and they didnt know the Worms made the spice it doesnt totally add up too me....

Oh and also, I thought it took them around 80 years to travel to the nearest system without being able to fold space...

Teh essence of the book being called House Atreides is taht it completely focuses on House Atreides and their thinking. They are the main characters that the book focuses on. Not House Harkonnen. That's for the 2nd book in teh series.