Emperor OS and Dune 2 help

Schmo

I made a post above about how Emperor crashes to desktop when I get to the EA globe and it was suggested that I use XP. After reading almost all of the post it looks like Emperor has alot of problems with XP as well. What is the best OS to use with the game. Im dying to play it. Also I installed Dune 2 on my computer but only get sound if I use my pc speaker. I have a sound blaster live 5.1 card and have tried all of the choices in the setup but none work.

I believe that 98 is the best OS,it seems to be more useful for games.XP and ME are for working.NEVER,EVER,EVER try it on a laptop.My freind has it on laptop and it is L-L-L-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG.Anyways,it might be what company produced the computer.Like I've got a dell 98,and everything runs fine except for Sims(But who needs them?)

Uhh...That I don't know.Try asking one of the junior techies.But at least that gave you an idea.But probably if you try loading one OS over the other and try running em both at the same time,chances are your comp'll get messed up.

Emperor was never tested under XP so WW can't really provide support for it. It does seem to work in most cases though. I would go with 98 SE if thats what you have already. And it would be best to just install the OS fresh not overtop of eachother.

As for Dune II look in the Dune Editing section for a thread called Dune Legacy. It is a clone of Dune II with a bunch of improvements and should work well in newer OS's.

Can I load 98se over ME or do I have to uninstall ME than install 98?

well, first. XP is a good OS for games, unless you want to run oldies, like dos games. In my case, and in most cases emperor just works on XP, even though i gotta admit that win98 was the best OS for Emperor. It is an unstable OS, but emperor was optimized for win98.

second, you can put both operating systems on your comp, but make sure you have 2 partitions. Put winME on one, and win98 on the other. I don't think you can install win98 on top of winME, and neither is it advisable as it can mess up your comp badly and force you to format the whole goddamn thing.

win98 is the best for games!

u can install 2windows at the same pc and keep everyone in diffirent hardrive, like winxp in "C" and win98 "D", and u can choose any one u want at start of computer.

u also can use foramtdisk1.44 just enter it in computer then choose "A:" then tybe "fdisk" !

but when u end from formating tow drives or more u need to format it. just tybe "A:" then "format C" and other drives with the same way.