7 economy nobel laurates against WAR

This quotes are from a document that is signed by the most famous economist in US and also by 7 economy nobel laurates (US citizens too) :

*"As American economists, we oppose unilateral initiatives for war against Iraq, which we see as unnecessary "

*"But we question whether war would serve security and not increase the risk of future instability and terrorism. We see the immediate human tragedy and devastation of war as clear; "

*"During the 1990's America enjoyed strong economic growth, strong financial markets and unprecedented job expansion. " (Clinton, that's the only possible explanation to me)

*"We ask economists, business leaders and all Americans to join us in opposition to the decision to go to war "

*"WE DO NOT BELIEVE THAT THIS WAR IS NECESSARY TO THE NATIONAL SECURITY OF THE UNITED STATES"

They certanly are right and have enough authority and knowledge to say that.

http://www.ecaar.org/Iraq.htm#Full

I'll take their opinion over yours ALWAYS.

The've have proven their success and inteligence, how can you possible not accept that, their points are completly undsputable.

7 economy nobel laurates over Bush. SIMPLE AND FAIR.

i'll take 30,000 Iraqi's over 7 laureates any day

Quality over Quantity.

Time ago the majority thought that the earth was plane but then a few inteligent people (A & T between them) realized that the earth was rounded. You still believe the majority of non inteligent ?

Get this straight : 7 economy nobel laurates are against Bush's WAR their remarks are undputable.

i'll take 30,000 Iraqi's over 7 laureates any day

Quality over Quantity.

Time ago the majority thought that the earth was plane but then a few inteligent people (A & T between them) realized that the earth was rounded. You still believe the majority of non inteligent ?

Get this straight : 7 economy nobel laurates are against Bush's WAR their remarks are undputable.

well sure the 7 rich, upper class, elite, opulant, peer-respected, clouted puffed up, honored-by-men economists remarks are undisputable, but so are the 30,000 destitute, homeless iraqi refugees native to Iraq that want to see their families again. Their remarks are undisputable as well. And when it comes to opinions about the homes of those Iraqi's when I choose an opinion between 7 opulent elitists living in mansions or 30,000 natives living in a shelter, the rational choice to me is more than clear.

sure you will take it over mine, but how about 30,000 iraqi's?

as in the people that actually have a HOME in Iraq? or do you still listen to elite, upperclass wealthy liberally and politically charged economicists?

Emprworm please read about the Iraqi again and rethink what you say about the palestinian. You don't have to answer or anything just think about it.

And you'd prefer a pro war minority of the world above an anti war majority.

hmmm...30,000 iraqis in the US = 100% of the Iraqi population. all of them pro-war.

250 million american population living westernized lifestyles, eating crumpets and drinking starbucks coffee, mcdonalds cheeseburgers, applie pies and pizzas

50% of them are anti-war (anti-bush)

I'll take the 100% iraqi's any day over the pizza-busting, cheeseburger chomping, coke slurping, movie watching, net surfing, belly flapping westerners any ....ANY day.

No I was asking if those were all of the nobel laurates. That is how many of the current nobel laurates are represented there? 50%, 100%, 10%?

I wouldn't know, anyway 7 nobels and like 200 members of the ECAAR is something that deserves some serious consideration.

7 rich, opulent mansion-living, status-seeking, honored-by-men economisists aren't even in touch with 99.99% of humanity. Their opinion means little to me.

What a poor argument.

Very childish.

He cannot refure those undsputable arguments of those 7 noble laurates and therefore he attacks them. That's very emprworm, when he wants he goes to reason, when he can't he dodge the subject and atacks the persons.

Being inteligent to have won a nobel, doesn't make those few refugees right.

Well they do have a valid point but there are a lot of other factors to consider as well. For example taking out Saddam could prevent other attacks on the US and stabilize the Middle East. To be able to measure the money value in those factors is really hard to do.

How amusing. The economists share thier take on American security.

They're economists. Capitalism is their bible. They don't want to spend a dime on something that doesn't make them a dollar. War is bad for the economy. Of course they're going to be opposed to war, unless of course they have compassion for others, maybe some morals, ethical standards etc.

How amusing. The economists share thier take on American security.

They're economists. Capitalism is their bible. They don't want to spend a dime on something that doesn't make them a dollar. War is bad for the economy. Of course they're going to be opposed to war, unless of course they have compassion for others, maybe some morals, ethical standards etc.

(I'll use this guy style I mean taking this thing personal)

You a simple student (like me) pretend to refuse the argument of 7 nobel laurates with such an statment, ROTFLMAO.

I join them in their position, that's smart.

Looking back at history, war has been great for the economy. It did us wonders in WWI and II, sure not at first when the war picked up - but it let us prosper beyond our imaginations.

7 nobel laurates say :

"We see the immediate human tragedy and devastation of war as clear; and we see as well serious potential economic harm to our nation and to the world"

who would you believe ?

Besides Acriku is saying "the more war the better our economy will be, such an incentive ! LOL "

(I'll use this guy style I mean taking this thing personal)

You a simple student (like me) pretend to refuse the argument of 7 nobel laurates with such an statment, ROTFLMAO.

I join them in their position, that's smart.

This is not about WHO is right. It is about WHAT is right. Do you ever think for yourself? Or do you just blindly follow others and think what they think? Make decisions by yourself. I don't need 7 nobel laurates to help me make a moral decision. Now if I wanted advice on how to run a company overseas I'd talk to them.

Getting advice about moral issues from economists would be like asking for financial advice from a florest or asking for strategic information from Martha Stewart.

Acriku, history is a good word for that phenomenon. WWI wasn't GOOD for the economy, it was just one contributing factor at that time. WWII was huge for the economy, but considering you hadn't even begun to recover from the Great Depression it's not all that surprising. The Vietnam war was bad for business, as was the Gulf War, the invasion of Afghanistan, etc. Look at what the very TALK of war does to the economy right now! There is absolutely no possible way that this war, if it goes forward, will be good for the economy of the US, the UK or anywhere in the world.

Zamboe, FFS stop putting words in other people's mouths. Ac didn't say a freaking thing about THIS war, he used past tense in every sentence and talked about the PAST. HISTORY it was. Now you accuse of him calling it an insentive??? Grow up!!!

zamboe, I said in history it did, not that it will now necessarily.

And putting words in my mouth does you no good in your position, so stop it. Oh and by the way, I am not saying that, so shut it.

ACE, I realize that about WWI, my mistake.