What If..

GhostHunter

Since the attack on the Atreides was not a outrage considering it involved Arrakis and so many seem to fall involving that planet I have a question.

Since the Atreides had such huge popularity what would happen if the Emperors Sardukar attacked Caladan? Do you think the Imperium would finally join together and revolt against Imperial rule?

It could depend on what happens. Are you saying that after the atreides are destroyed on arrakis the sards attack caladan, or if the sards attacked caladan before the atreides moved to arrakis?

if the latter, then I would say yes(depends if the sards were succusful.)

It is impossible for me to believe that no other House "sniffed" out what happened on Arrakis. They were all way too afrid to say something seeing(or understanding) the power of the Harkonnen.

Those Landsraad cowards...

The Landsradd was what the U.N is today, a pitaful room full of arguers with no real intention of getting anything done except bowing before their Emperor. Truth be told, I bet some House Or Faction knew about the secret disguise of three legions (I'm most likely mistaken on that, just a rough guess) in the Harkonnen attack being Sardukar.

But you must all remember (I know I'm sorta playing the devils advacate here, so bear with me) if only one faction knew about it the very thought of showing it in front of the Imperium with the Emperors wacthful eye lurking over would be ludicris. But if forsay, the Emperor attacked Caladan, as he insanly attacked the Richese then the Imperim would most likely be in a uproar and dethrown the Emperor from his reign. Now tell me your personal opinions, if they did know of a attack on Caladan, and did upthrow the Emperors Imperial Storm Troopers, do you think that there would be a new Emperor?

If you don't you have to remember that the Imperim prefered the way it was ruled and was overly-stubborn to any new ways of rule. Sadly enough they most likely would of picked a new Emperor out of the crowd of Imperial nit-wits, but do you think they would still choose a new form of leadership or would they make a new Emperor and who do you think it would be?

Yeah, but musn't the truth preavail??

What storybook did you read that out of? ;)

The Fremen uprising under Paul Muad'Dib was after the fact, and a completely different situation. They were united by Paul under their hate for the Harkonnens and promise of a green world, etc. The Atreides, of course, knew of the Sardaukar attack as it was happening.

Vilgent: I'm thinking a new emperor would arise (as it did when Paul deposed Shaddam IV), but I think there would be a lot of "disputes" as to who that emperor would be.

I personaly would think it would be the Atreides or Ixians. Obviously, the Atreides WOULD have been the one to attack and I personally feel that they themselves, would be the rightful owner of the Golden Lion Thrown.

Now onto IX, we all know that the Ixian's had a substansial wealth beyond that of what the Atreides could comprehend (Proven by Letos journey for training and teaching on IX in House Atreides) so perhaps they would become the Emperor.

But god help us all if the Harkonnen became the Imperial rule...