Westwood's Emperor Site

Frodo

Whoa, back it up a second. Blizzard takes pride in their games? ROFLMAO! StarCraft is ceratianly not the best balanced game in existence, for 1. 2, none of the Blizz empoyees post in it's official forums. 3, the game is so ridfdled with bugs, it's unbelievable. And the patches don't fix them, they just replace them with new bugs! For instance, before patch 1.08, you could land building on top of your siege tanks to protect them from fire. Now you can land buildings on top of enemy tanks and buildings to crush them! ::)

I'm not saying EA is good, i'm just saying Blizz is no better.

I just wanted to emphasize though, that I can write a book about how the bugs in Emperor make the gameplay fundamentally unfair in many ways.

You've been hanging out with Nav havent you... or wait, your Nav under a different nick :O

just kidding, although I can remember him saying the same thing about writing a book on EmpBFD bugs ;)

Whoa, back it up a second. Blizzard takes pride in their games? ROFLMAO! StarCraft is ceratianly not the best balanced game in existence, for 1. 2, none of the Blizz empoyees post in it's official forums. 3, the game is so ridfdled with bugs, it's unbelievable. And the patches don't fix them, they just replace them with new bugs! For instance, before patch 1.08, you could land building on top of your siege tanks to protect them from fire. Now you can land buildings on top of enemy tanks and buildings to crush them! ::)

I'm not saying EA is good, i'm just saying Blizz is no better.

Well I have to disagree. I haven't played Starcraft for a long while but I have noticed that they STILL patch it. That is impressive considering that the game was released so many years ago. EA dropped EB4D, which is way better than Starcraft IMO, after only a few months. And as far as your comment that Blizzard doesn't post anything on their forums, maybe you don't visit their forums very much because I have seen them give updates very frequently. They also have one of the best tech support programs that I have ever seen for a gaming company. Again, I'm no hardcore fan of their games but I do respect them for the excellent support. Like I said, whether you agree with me or not, Blizzard has a much larger fanbase than WW/EA has. The simple numbers of people playing Warcraft and Starcraft (even after so many years) when compared to the numbers playing RA2, EB4D, and Generals gives proof of that. Battle.net is a superior online gaming system than WOL is by far. It is much more stable and Blizzard is always fighting new cheats and hacks.

In short, whether you like Blizzard or not, you can't deny that they give superior support when compared to EA. If you disagree with me you need to look at both companies a bit harder and get past your biased feelings toward WW's long time rival Blizzard.

I also want to give another plug to ID. Isn't it amazing that they still patch Quake 3? ID rocks! I can't wait for Doom 3.

I haven't played Starcraft for a long while but I have noticed that they STILL patch it.

Duuno what plnet you're on, but SC hasn't been patched in over ayear, WarII was patched only once, WC3 patching seems to have stopped, etc.

I haven't played Starcraft for a long while but I have noticed that they STILL patch it.

Duuno what plnet you're on, but SC hasn't been patched in over ayear, WarII was patched only once, WC3 patching seems to have stopped, etc.

It received a patch at least about a year ago. That is still very impressive when compared to EA games. EA will only patch a game for the first year of a game's life! (if you are lucky enough to be playing a game that they consider to be worth patching at all). How long has StarCraft been out? How many years? Enough said. EA is a sham.

Anyway I guess that we can just agree to disagree. I'm not going to try and proove my beliefs on Blizzard to you. I just know that EA has a history of crappy support and IMO Blizzard is much better.