World Support on Iraq War

Report for Australia:

"16:00 GMT - The Australian government on Feb. 7 finalized troop counts for "Operation Bastille," its military contribution to the U.S- led campaign against Iraq. Australia will deploy a squadron of 14 F/A-18 Hornets on Feb 8. Next week, a group of navy divers and special forces from the 4th Royal Australian Regiment Commando unit will depart for the Persian Gulf region with three C-130 transports and two CH-47 helicopters. All together, approximately 2,000 Australian troops will join U.S. forces in the Gulf."

Dutch Support & Turkey Support:

"Feb 7, 18:50 GMT - Amsterdam, under a bilateral agreement, will provide Turkey with a Patriot missile defense system in case of war in Iraq, according to the Dutch Defense Ministry. The agreement comes while NATO allies face a Feb. 10 deadline over French, German and Belgian objections to a U.S. request to help protect Turkey during a conflict with Iraq. The Netherlands provided Turkey with Patriots during the Persian Gulf War. "

"The move is a diplomatic blow from the mild-mannered Netherlands to both France and Germany -- and perhaps a sign of a serious split in the NATO alliance.

Belgium, France and Germany have blocked American and Turkish efforts to relocate military assets to Turkey in preparation for a war against Iraq. NATO's other 16 members support the transfer. Key assets in question are Patriot missile batteries stored in Germany and The Netherlands."

(emphasis mine)

COOL! Any European country that stands against the "old Europe" of France and Germany is ok in my book! Go Netherlands!! woot!

well duh, of course i know that all of the people in a country wont agree with it, but the official stance of the country is what is important in world politics, not what a few anti-war radicals and demonstrators think. The Netherlands has shown quality leadership, its people should be proud!

well duh, of course i know that all of the people in a country wont agree with it, but the official stance of the country is what is important in world politics, not what a few anti-war radicals and demonstrators think. The Netherlands has shown quality leadership, its people should be proud!

You seem to underestimate the amount of people that are against it. For me personally, it's not the war I'm against so much. It's more the way Bush and his buddies are acting. And because of a thing Bush said concerning the Netherlands, I'm even more against him. As far as I'm concerned, he (and his buddies) can sink down deep in a huge pile of shit and stay there.

You seem to underestimate the amount of people that are against it. For me personally, it's not the war I'm against so much. It's more the way Bush and his buddies are acting. And because of a thing Bush said concerning the Netherlands, I'm even more against him. As far as I'm concerned, he (and his buddies) can sink down deep in a huge pile of shit and stay there.

lol, ok. I don't know what you are referring to as far as him saying stuff about the Netherlands, but the way Bush is acting is great. After Hussein, North Korea is next. The time of ruthless dictators on earth getting their way in the civilized world to have all the weapons they want is done. We already know France and Germany's track record regarding this, so their repeat of history is no surprise.

and blair is with the majority of the rest of the world leaders. this is because civillians are ignorant and just look for excuses to take out their anti-american sentiment- even at the expense of human lives and suffering under the hands of a ruthless dictator. Latest polls in Europe show 20% of the population would favor unilateral US led attack on Iraq, while 60 (something) percent would favor a UN attack on Iraq. So majority opinion is already on record. All you see on the media are the anti-war demonstrations- a few hundred here and there. You dont see the Pro-US demonstrations now do you?

The time of ruthless dictators on earth getting their way in the civilized world to have all the weapons they want is done.

Start getting rit of Bush then. He's more and more profiling himself as a dictator. And stop telling it isn't so. He's almost calling every nation that doesn't agree with his views enemies.

Btw, by calling civillians ignorant you know you are also refering to yourself right ?