Emperor Quiting To Desktop

Saemetheis

Good day,

I am having this nagging this problem each time i sit down for a game of EBFD. Every now and then, the game would just quit to desktop for no apparent reason, whether in the midst of a battle or just proceeding to the next mission. Have applied the latest drivers for audio card, graphics card and Windows service packs, turned off shadows in the game but doesn't help. Hope you could give me some advice on what to do about this! Thankz! :)

Do other 3D games exit to the desktop in a similar manner? Please post a response with an attachment of your DxDiag output. DxDiag is an executable installed on all windows machines that will give us detailed information about your hardware and software config.

*.exe has generated an error usually means that the file has become corrupt.

What you migh twant to try is to lower your adapter refresh rate and set it to default instead of 85Hz.

Also, apart from shadows, what are your ingame graphical settings ? If you haven't already, try setting them to low and see what happens.

• 4 weeks later...

Well arent we the same. I have the EXACT same problem. stats are.

VIA mainboard

AMD K-6III processor 450mhz

some VIA graphics controller

128 mb ram

Windows ME

yes it meets the requirements. chances are everyone else with this problem has a VIA mainboard. Ive fiddled with windows options, bios, reinstalled windows, reinstalled windows on a different hard drive, and reinstalled the game. I think i need to update my drivers. But that computer has no modem (i have 2)

anyone know a link to update via chipsets

(please not just www.viatech.com) ::)

Well arent we the same. I have the EXACT same problem. stats are.

VIA mainboard

AMD K-6III processor 450mhz

some VIA graphics controller

128 mb ram

Windows ME

yes it meets the requirements. chances are everyone else with this problem has a VIA mainboard. Ive fiddled with windows options, bios, reinstalled windows, reinstalled windows on a different hard drive, and reinstalled the game. I think i need to update my drivers. But that computer has no modem (i have 2)

anyone know a link to update via chipsets

(please not just www.viatech.com) ::)

Could you please tell us the make and model of your motherboard? Was this a custom built system or one of the mass produced kind (Dell, Compaq, HP, etc...). Usually the custom built systems will include the documentation for your motherboard. If you don't have the documentation for your motherboard you could download Sandra from here:

http://www.sisoftware.net/

This utility can help identify what motherboard and chipset you have.

ya i got the 4 in 1 drivers to work. and im happy to say I have come to a conclusion! NOTHING WORKS! I have done the following:

- Reinstalled the game

- Reinstall windows

- Reinstall windows to a different hard disk

- Fiddled with Windows options

- Fiddled with bios options

- downloaded and installed all the drivers

ive probably done more, but i cant think of any more. I think the Via apollo or just plain Via mainboards are screwed. Or i think it probably has to do with the K6-3 processor. If you use the EAsy thing it says thats not right for the game. But thats the fastest my board will support so if i change that i cant go above the required 400 mhz. So time to get a new mainboard... ;)

Good day,

I am having this nagging this problem each time i sit down for a game of EBFD. Every now and then, the game would just quit to desktop for no apparent reason, whether in the midst of a battle or just proceeding to the next mission. Have applied the latest drivers for audio card, graphics card and Windows service packs, turned off shadows in the game but doesn't help. Hope you could give me some advice on what to do about this! Thankz! :)

Do you have any mods installed?

well see i have the EXACT same problem as this game. I dont have mods installed. In fact the 2 times I reinstalled windows the first thing i did was install emperor, didnt work still crashes. yup folks via is screwed. And its not just with emperor, all my games and even widows crashes, even after being inactive for just 10 minutes!

Older versions of VIA chipsets are known for a problem with EBFD. Recent VIA chipsets are known to cause a problem with C&C Generals (the latest 4in1 drivers solve this issue though).

Always make sure you update your VIA chipsets. I wouldn't recommend upgrading your BIOS, unless absolutely neccessary.