Emperor-Worm Slowdown

I have battled my way to the emperor worm level (Hark) without any performance problems 8)(video settings about 3/4).

Now that I have reched the Emperor Worm level, performance is now very slow, scrolling is jumpy and laboured. :O I have tried lowering my video settings to minimum to no avail. Please Help! Ta,

Narj.

(Sys:Windows ME/Duron 900/128mb)

I have battled my way to the emperor worm level (Hark) without any performance problems 8)(video settings about 3/4).

Now that I have reched the Emperor Worm level, performance is now very slow, scrolling is jumpy and laboured. :O I have tried lowering my video settings to minimum to no avail. Please Help! Ta,

Narj.

I haven't heard anyone that hasn't had performance problems with the Emperor Worm level.

Narj.

Everyone and I mean everyone playing EBFD is suffering the same problem as you. Besides putting graphics to low and turning shadows off, closing all background programs there isn't much more you can do I'm afraid...

There are too many hardware configuration possibilities out there to explain why one person experiences the problem worse than another. If people really want to get to the bottom of this issue I suggest posting all the specs of the system in question as well as one of the people who posted saying they had no lag posting there specs. Here is what I would want to see:

Motherboard : Manufacturer and model number

CPU : Manufacturer/Model/Speed (in Ghz please)

Power Supply : Manufacturer/Model (or part #)/ Power rating in Watts

Memory : Type (SDRAM,DDR,RDRAM)/Amount(in MB)/manufacturer/Part number

Video card : Manufacturer/Model/Slot(AGP or PCI)/Amount of Memory

Sound Card : Manufacture/Model

A lot of the details above can taken from DxDiag, but I prefer posting just the above info in the thread instead of attaching DXDiag output.

If you have any unusual hardware installed (Like video capture card) on the PCI bus list that as well. Any devices running on the USB bus when playing the game also warrant mention. I srongly recommend having the least amount of processes running when playing emperor.

Maybe we can determine it's a hardware configuration problem based on the input we recieve (if any). I would post my hardware specs, but I have not played the single player campaign on my current configuration yet. So I can't say whether it lags or not on my current system. Maybe one day.