Skirmish Strategies: An Early Advantage

The One

Any of you guys want a way to finsh a skirmish real REAL early? ??? I have a way: ;D

Early on in the game, when you're setting up your base, send your trike to explore a base. Once you've done that (remember, as early as possible), upgrade your barracks and produce a single engineer.

Mark this engineer with any number and send him to wait outside (well outside) the entrance nearest the construction yard. When you see no units (or maybe a quad or a combat tank) guarding the CY (usually happens early on) send the engineer and capture it. Save the game before, so you can try again if a siege tank pops up and kills the engineer. When and if you capture the CY, DO NOT SELL IT IMMEDIATELY but make a piece of concrete right next to it and then sell the CY. After you've built up your own base, you can build rocket turrets on the concrete, extend it, make a second base or ANYTHING U WANT WITHOUT LOSING A MAJOR UNIT (except any infantry coming out of the CY). If you do not want to lose too many Rocket Turrets while you're killin' off the base, sell them right before they get destroyed and make another one.

Trust me, this works.

Yeah, but u know vot? The One's my brother. I just returned from his house. His style of playing is totally diff from what he wrote. He starts a mission, builds a constr yard, refinery, hfactory, 10 more hfactries, a billion units, and before u know it, mission complete. He never plays for more than 15 minutes per mission.

Playing against a human counter player it would, or could work if that persone isn't paying attention. Allthough against the AI, thought they started with a half build base. . . not shure thought . .but I never found just a conyard and barracs or something similar at the AI's side. :)

:-[Cool down, fellas. I was just commenting on his style. I mean, what fun is the game if u can finish it off as soon as u start? Or maybe its just my mentality. I like to build on every piece of land possible, upgrade to max, make my base impregnable, harvest a hell of a lotta spice, and then start attacking. That way, I get time to think up new and fun stuff to do. But If they get too strong, I blow up most of their buildings except the cy and refinery.

It is definitely for use against AI's, if a human is careless enough to leave his entrances unguarded, he's not a human.

And Boba, the more time you spend on any mission, the more likely it is that someone (invisible engineer by crate, saboteur, fremen) will sneak through and get a sensitive building. Plus, according to me, progress defines your performance in this game, hanging around is one bore of a job.

So thats vot u have against playing for long, is it? The threat of sabs,frems,engs etc sneaking in will be non-existent (is the spelling right?) if u keep a row of inf behind ur defending units and in the inf only entrances. Plus, u'd do well to keep trikes/raiders near every building. I don't need to tell anyone what happens next.