An interesting thing I found out.

Vanguard3000

When I read the Butlerian Jihad, I thought Seurat was a really neat name (and an interesing character, to boot). Anyway, I was looking something up in the dictionary, and I came across the name. It turns out there is a French painter named Georges Seurat (some of you most likely know this, but I don't know a whle lot about artists). You can see a few of his paintings here:

http://www.cafeguerbois.com/seurat.htm

I'm sure many of you will recognise "A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte" (I'm still kicking myself for never having found out who painted that until now)

And if this isn't Duney enough for you, I'll throw a theory at you:

[hide]Perhaps Seurat (the robot, not the painter, heh) is the enemy in Dune7. After all, he did just drift off into space. I've heard theories that it may be the Titans, or Omnius, but I've never heard this theory.[/hide]

Col. Worf:[hide]Most likely you're right. Either that, or one of those Omnius probes. But it just occurred to me as strange how no one really thinks about Seurat, despite the fact that he was left "unconsious" in a ship which is somehow capable of faster-than-light speeds as it drifted away from known space. Who knows: Maybe he has a "secret stash" of Omnius backup/update modules with him.[/hide]

[hide]In a way, he wasn't At least, not like Erasmus. But you have to see that the only scenes with Seurat were scenes with other "people" of the Synchronized Worlds.

He had developed a kind nature due to his distance from Omnius, and his relationship with Vor. But overall, he served Omnius.[/hide]