Sardeuker

joker_dude3

Eureka!

The sards weapon's blast looks the same but it damages things well. I think that the gun they use is like a rocket launcher + machine gun only in terms of damage is a sard damages buildings, other inf and tanks almost equally well.

Atleast, thats what it did today :-

• 2 months later...

The only way to be able to build them is to capture the Imperial Palace. When you have done that, you have almost completed the mission the Palace is in (Because you need to destroy the base to get there) And then you have no use of the Sardaukar anymore.

Or you can download patch 1.06 And play with Harkonnen, they can build Sardaukar then

Well, unless you have activated some sort of mod, you can't.

House Corrino only appears in certain missions. And they are just Harkonnen without Devastators, but with Sardaukar, and a purple color btw

And don't upload images if they have nothing to add to the thread

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Okay, let's discuss this Sardaukar-matter once and for all. Here are the bare facts:

- Sardaukars has only ONE weapon, with different shooting methods. They can't shoot rockets, missiles, apple-pies with whipped cream etc. etc. They have something like an impulse rifle. For 4 squares or farther, they use anti-vehicle charges. For closer range, they use anti-personnel charges. So, Sardaukars' weapon has double function, but it in only one gun.

- As the description tells you, Sardaukars carry small mines on their body, and the mine shall explode when a hostile vehicle drive'em up. They can't deploy these mines.

- Sardaukars has equal firepower with Light Infantry for close ranges (3 squares or closer).

- You may obtain Sardaukars by capturing the Emperor's palace in single player mode, or having a Harkonnen (my sister calls them "Harkoid", don't listen to her! :) ) Hi-tech factory, and a Harkonnen barracks, if the 1.06 patch has been installed correctly. You may also receive Sardaukars from crates, but I doubt how useful these amounts are.

- There is NO way to play the Emperor's side.

- Sardaukars are slower than Light infantrymen.

- Fremen DON'T use tripmines to damage the crusher vehicles.

- Fremen also use the same weapon as Sardaukars in the 1.00 version. In 1.06, they use something like a shockrifle, and its firepower is equal to infantry and vehicles. It's equal with a Quad's rocket.