MOO3

nampigai

heheh, well i dunno about the graphix, nothing realy nice there. but like in most TBS games it's all about gayplay erm gameplay anyway. and i heard it was realy good. I hope i can get it in some sort of way without paying for it. I wonder how it's realy like

well, i heard the new civs were a bit of a disappointment yeah.

I never realy played civilization or alpha centauri, though i did see them.

The only TBS games i actually played were Star Trek Birth of the Federation, AoW, AoW2 and Disciples 2.

civ2 is prolly the game I've spend the most time on, and the only game I made mods for. The modding in civ2 is so simple that even a monkey could do, so that say alot about my modding skills or the lack of it....

heh dunt wurry, there are still some monkeys like me who can't do anything. I pretty much suck at anything i do. I wonder why i still live. C'mon, i never won the Starcraft tournament, never created a mod, never did anything that saved a human, well unless perhaps i prevented someone from goin to a stupid party. But for the rest, i do nothing useful in my life.

To come back to topic, Civ2 was one of the olders civ's and were classics. The new ones were that good

Yes, it's all old, we must wait for future, better things. I hope MoO 3 will be.

"Your fleet patrols the skies of every planets in the galaxy. This galaxy. But other challenges are away, for Master of Orion."

"The power of the ancients is yours to command" :)

"but other challenges await the master of Orion"

ehm i meant the ones made by sid meier.. I believe that was only Civ 1 and 2 :-

he also made alpha centauri....unless you are talking about the civ franhcise. I loved Colonization.

yeah i know. Not realy played it, but a friend of mine was crazy about alpha centauri

ehm i meant the ones made by sid meier.. I believe that was only Civ 1 and 2 :-

he also made alpha centauri....unless you are talking about the civ franhcise. I loved Colonization.

He also helped make Civ3, as one of the heads of Firaxis, the most backwards game company that I know of. Yes, Firaxis was responsible for SMAC, but everything apparently went downhill from there.

Just a couple examples of how horrible Civ3 was when it came out: You could tell your fighters to defend the air-space around your cities, but there was a bug that caused them to shoot down ZERO percent of the enemy bombers who attacked. Yes ZERO, the game was actually released this way, and wasn't fixed until weeks later.

Another example is the fact that you can ONLY run the game at 800x600. With some editing you can get it to run at your desktop resolution, but most of the screens are simply centered with huge black areas around it to fill in the gaps. These are only two tiny examples, there were many many many more horrible problems with that horrible game, which is really sad because so many people were looking forward to it.

Then there's the Civ3 expansion pack, which adds the multiplayer support they LIED about - there was a huge coverup over this, because they had all along said Civ3 would be released with working multiplayer, but a week or two before the game came out the news was leaked that multiplayer wouldn't be ready till a half a year later. Tt took them a whole year longer to release the multiplayer expansion, and it got pounded by critics and reviewers because it quite simply DID NOT WORK. I never bought the expansion, nor will I ever buy another Firaxis game again.