B17 Flying Fortress

I don't know if we 're supposed to post here about other games, but since it's a tech support forum I thought I could ask here for help.

I have this great game, B17 Flying Fortress which used to work great on my old computer (which had Win98). When I bought a new computer, I installed it immediately and I planned to put all graphics to maximum. The sad thing, however that the game doesn't start (though the installation was properly done). I tried turning other windows simulations but nothing works, I always get an error after clicking on the game's icon or desktop shortcut. When I have win98 simulation on, the pic thats shows up before the game appears, but I still get the error message.

Is there anything I can do to make the game work?

Ask this before Nyar does to help him :):

1) What does the error message say?

2) Have you tryed these games through /my computer/drive/game?

3) Are you running any programs in the background?

4) Have You tryed defragging or a windows update?

5) Are your drivvers updated?

1) The error message is the standard Windows XP error message. As for the details, they are too many and the worst thing is I can't copy them and paste them here.

2) Yes

3)No

4)No, would that make any difference?

5) The game is old, and it run fine on my old comp, so I don't think updating my drivers would do the trick.

aha, i probably got the solution, as multiple old games have this problem.

now listen carefully, i will only say this once:

right click on b17 flying fortress start file (usually a *.exe file, unless it is realy old :) ) and click properties, go to the compatability tab and set compatability mode to win98 or 95, whatever you like. if that doesn't work, i'll kill myself

aha, i probably got the solution, as multiple old games have this problem.

now listen carefully, i will only say this once:

right click on b17 flying fortress start file (usually a *.exe file, unless it is realy old :) ) and click properties, go to the compatability tab and set compatability mode to win98 or 95, whatever you like. if that doesn't work, i'll kill myself

If I'm not mistaken, in his first post he says he tried it :)

1) The error message is the standard Windows XP error message. As for the details, they are too many and the worst thing is I can't copy them and paste them here.

2) Yes

3)No

4)No, would that make any difference?

5) The game is old, and it run fine on my old comp, so I don't think updating my drivers would do the trick.

On point 4, yes it can make a difference. Remember, your not updating the game, your updating the OS where it should run on. Who knows what kind of compatibility issues XP still has left.

As for point 5, basicly the same. You're updating the drivers for the OS, not game specificly.

Try those two points and in the meantime I'll see what else I can find.

i dunno how old the game is, but it may also just be an incompatibility with windows XP. Perhaps you can find a patch that will solve the problems for winXP, more games have this problem.

oh btw, i couldn't get my self to commit suicide :-