EBFD Won't Run.

MattBlnk

What do you think it is? Is it because I have XP? Is there a XP patch anywhere, because I've looked a lot for one.

No, it's not because you have XP and no, there's no XP patch (sorry to bust your bubble there).

Anyways, what I meant is, there are several EBFD/XP related topics in this forum. Look through some of them and let me know if they solve your problem.

One of them problems for the other people is that they have Norton 2003, and that's what I have. They have to uninstall Norton 2003, then uninstall Emperor, then scan something and then install Emperor. I guess it will work, but if I install Norton on, then it wont work and I need the Norton 2003 on.

I have just been searching through the internet a little bit on this problem and there seems to be major issues with upgrading existing versions of Norton 2001 and older to work on Windows XP. Norton's site also mentions that you will need to download the latest patch of XP from Microsoft since some of the problems may be OS related. These problems seem mostly related to upgrading an existing version of Norton on XP and I am not sure how many people here who are having problems with Norton did an upgrade or a fresh install. The Norton site says you must first uninstall all earlier versions of Norton software before installing 2002 or > on an XP system. It seems odd that you must uninstall the older version and force the user to perform a fresh install when you are upgrading from an existing product. It's counter intuitive. Here is a link from the symantec website on the issue:

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/docid/2001051413133206

I still use Windows 98 at home and at work I use NT so I have very little experience with XP. I like to give Microsoft a few years to iron out all of the bugs before I buy any of their software ;) . Until there is a compelling reason for me to upgrade to XP I will use the older more stable Windows 98 (don't laugh).

I tell you now that i formated my pc then and started from screath and thort it would be wise to buy a new copy of norton for the new year and so i get this exact problem.

I have email norton (symantec) in the us and uk waiting for some answaers as soon as i get then youll all get then so look out