Emperor and Windows XP

TG2003

I have updated all my drivers e.g. Sound and Graphics card, and also updated my DirectX.

My pc specs are :

P4 2.2 Ghz

1Gb Ram

SoundBlaster Live 5.1

GeForce4 440MX.

I have been wonderingering if it was a file transfer problem or a copy protection problem, as a freind of mine gave a 'offline' only version for me to try, and this worked no problem. Obviously I want to get the version which I have bought workig, so if anyone knows how do to do, pls let me know.

Firstly, what happens exactly, when you try to load the game? Does it even install properly? Also, I think you should post your dxdiag so that the people here can gain a better knowledge about the configuration of your system. Click on the 'Start' button, click 'Run' and type dxdiag then hit enter. Save the information as a .txt file and post the .txt file here as an attachment.

I have also reinstalled my ASUS Geforce 4 graphics drivers to see if that would make any difference- no i didnt. What I cant understand is why does the other version which I have work, while the retail version does not. This seems very strange to me, as you would have thought that the retail version would work no problem, even after updating it. I have tried it with Compatability for Win95/98/me/NT/2000 and none of those work, ive tried it with resolution of 640 x 480 (also under compatability tab), and that made no difference either (all it did was flash a couple of times, as it adjusted the screen res, and then return to the desktop)I would really like to get this game working!

I have a triplex mx 440 64 mb graph card dual head ,two-head display with t.v. out, I found that the "nvidia" had to be disabled for my game not to jam the computer it only dose it on emperor, but i run "win 98 se". Now when i had "xp home" going I had problems with just "xp home and emp" as it dose not have a windows logo match for xp and that in game play or like you when it starts the E.A. logo and Westwood logo would play then it would shut down like you.Like the game had never been started and when pressing keys like (Crtl+Alt+Del ) to show shutdown screen the(game.exe and dune. and emperor.exe and ~them numbers) were not there to show if the game was even trying to run. When I had xp home I had a g-force 2 mx 400 with No t.v out it never give me any problems at all when running under windows 98 se but because the card never had t.v out it had the nvidia auto diabled so it never was the problem make the game crash with xp home.

To make it easy to understand:

g-force 4 mx 440 with tv out ~~~~ had problems

g-force 2 mx 400 witout t.v out ~~~~ had no problems

windows 98 se ~~~~ had no problems

windows xp home ( tryed with no sp1 )~~~had problems with emp

So with g-force 4 mx 440 and xp home or pro you might have some problems like resting your computer alot because of jaming or just trying to get it to run.

Sorry this is all i know from playing with emp hope it could help a little .

Good luck getting emperor going!! :- ??? ;) [attachment archived by Gobalopper]

and i tryed the game with 98 se and ASUS g-force 4 mx440 t.v out and 32mb ddr ram built into the card

The Triplex has 128 ddr ram built into it. This graphic card worked better then the AUSU card did when nvidia was disabled it mad it more stable to play.

plus norton 2003 chews a bit of ram sitting in the background running I found aswell but i do not think this is your problem, as you can get around that.

{What is nvidia you ask}:

You will find it in the (( control panelNvidia nView desktop manager....... there you will be able to disable and enable nvidia chip >> dose this help leyt me know man :O ;) :D

did you shut down and reset your computer after doing that uninstalling??? If not plz shut down and leave the hard drive stop for 20 sec and then reset the computer . After that do a scan disk and tick auto fix and run scan on hard drive then reset again and then try emp again. That is if you have not done this all ready. Even better you could uninstall emp and then do that above then reinstall emp scan disk e.c.t give that a try. I will try and think back to when I had the problems with emperor if I come up with more I will let you know

ive got it working now, thanks.

I uninstalled Emperor, then i told my pc to scan and attempt to fix any errors, of course it says that it needs to reboot to do this, so i rebooted. it scanned it, i reinstalled it, and then it worked. I aslo noticed that this time it picked up that i already have westwood online accounts, whilst before it didnt, maybe there is a bug in the installation process?

i uninstalled norton, not disbaled it, obviously just disabling it wasnt enough.try this:

1.Uninstall Norton, then reboot

2.Uninstall emperor, then go to scandisk c:, with attempt to fix errors- letit reboot ur pc

3. reinstall emperor, making sure that u select all features to install, so that after all files have copied over, it then asks about creating an online account, that is how i got mine 2 work, before it wasnt asking about a online account.

4. PRAY!!! :D

when you uninstall emperor make shore you have got rid of all files in the emperor file after that got to the westwood file you will find it in c: after it is unstalled get rid of the hole westwood file and if you have ra2 or trib sun dune 2000 e.c.t other E.A and westwood games in that file uninstall them. When you reinstall you want the computer overwright all the old files if it asks say "yes" to and overwright internet share files to then update again some times the file dose not update the first time right so shut down and restart and then try to update again and then reset your computer again then try to have a game and turn all not need programs running in the background off plz before you start the game up .....plz try this :O ;)

thx for ya help but i think i have sorted the problem by refering to the other support question his problem was norton 2003 once that had been uninstalled it worked fine but im waiting for him to tell me if you can install norton 2003 after emperor and hopeing that emp and norton will work together