Scytale

SiliconWarrior

Hi SW. Your quite right that a character named Scytale is in both MoD and the last two books that FH wrote, However I'm unaware of any direct link made by Herbert that these two characters are indeed the same person or a reincarnation. In MoD Scytale is presented to the reader as a Facedancer and the later Scytale as a Master. I don't believe that a Facedancer can be promoted as such purely because of the fact that FD's are creations of the Masters and as such would not be able to partake in Teilaxu religious rites.

It is the same Scytale, evidenced from thecomment that he had met Paul Maud'dib and was present at the birth ofLeto II. So, it looks like Face Dancers can be promoted tomasters,sjtu a simpel re-organization of there genetic code.

as for him being there Kwisatz Haderach, no. The Tlielaxu had already once produced a Kwisatz Haderach, and they sure didn't want tomake another one.

Read the discussion between the conspirators in Messiah. Scytale admits the Tleilaxu created a KwisatzHaderach. In fact,thats how they knew how to destroy Paul, because they had already destroyed there own Kwisatz Haderach.

Read the discussion between the conspirators in Messiah. Scytale admits the Tleilaxu created a KwisatzHaderach. In fact,thats how they knew how to destroy Paul, because they had already destroyed there own Kwisatz Haderach.

woups, right ;)

I'm not sure what they did immediately afterwards. I do remember that in heretics...wait, I'll hide this.

[hide]the tleilaxu master (forgot his name) had a conversation with Odrade about the KH. He said something like "there is no more need for a person who can be at multiple places at one time" wich is the meaning of KH.[/hide]

Yes there is Caid. It's done several times in the novel. It happens to Duncan Idaho alot. Hayt had no eyes. Heritics and Chapterhouse had him evolved tot he current human abilities.

No eyes, that's normal deviation, little failure in genes. But fully changing the natural species? With same soul?