add meshes?

guusr5644

i think i know how the meshes know where to go... when i output a text file of an xbf i see meshes numbers (daa) but before the numbers there are 3 or 4 numbers i think. i think these numbers are cordiants (bad english) of the meshes where they supose to be...

The present version of the Xbf viewer/editor program can only replace a mesh in the Xbf file with a new mesh made in MilkShape3d and there are many limitations on what meshes can be replaced and on the new mesh file created with MilkShape3d. **** YOU NEED TO READ THE TEXT FILE INCLUDED WITH THE XBF viewer/editor ****. The mesh replaced is the one selected (the one your looking at) when you select Replace Mesh or Replace No Anim (or Replace Old Anim (keeping the old animation data)- in version 2c which I've sent to Nema, but hasn't yet been posted on Dune Editing at the time of this message). The Xbf viewer/editor also has functions to resize meshes and move them, so if it's not the size or place you want it, you can fix it. However, if a mesh has rotation animation, if you move it, it will still rotate around the original axis, not the new one, so you may be able to move it along the original axis, but not away from it. So in a case like this you may need to load the mesh back into MilkShape3d, move it there, and redo the animation. Also, in all my tests so far, all child objects undergo their parent object's animations (like when an Airdrone turns, the fuselage does a tilt animation and all the wings (which are child objects of the fuselage) tilt with it). As for inserting new meshes, I'm going to start working on an update for that.

The present version of the Xbf viewer/editor program can only replace a mesh in the Xbf file with a new mesh made in MilkShape3d and there are many limitations on what meshes can be replaced and on the new mesh file created with MilkShape3d. **** YOU NEED TO READ THE TEXT FILE INCLUDED WITH THE XBF viewer/editor ****. The mesh replaced is the one selected (the one your looking at) when you select Replace Mesh or Replace No Anim (or Replace Old Anim (keeping the old animation data)- in version 2c which I've sent to Nema, but hasn't yet been posted on Dune Editing at the time of this message). The Xbf viewer/editor also has functions to resize meshes and move them, so if it's not the size or place you want it, you can fix it. However, if a mesh has rotation animation, if you move it, it will still rotate around the original axis, not the new one, so you may be able to move it along the original axis, but not away from it. So in a case like this you may need to load the mesh back into MilkShape3d, move it there, and redo the animation. Also, in all my tests so far, all child objects undergo their parent object's animations (like when an Airdrone turns, the fuselage does a tilt animation and all the wings (which are child objects of the fuselage) tilt with it). As for inserting new meshes, I'm going to start working on an update for that.

On the next version, do you think that you could add the ability to save the decoded xbf as an xbf again? This would really help and would open so many more possibilities.