What the...? A letter by Bin Laden?!

TMA_1

I ask you though quondum... does that make the old testament views (which christians dont follow anymore as laws of nationality) somehow inferior to now days standards?

The old testament laws were sufficent for their times. The world was different in alot of ways. For example you could kill a man and not have anyone do anything to you (or to better explain elude your captures by just leaving and going to another land ie escaping a court of law). Almost everything in the old testement the punishment is death when a law is broken. Society was structured different now there is a separation in minor and major laws the two are handled different. Using the American law system as an example (because you are an American) you have state crimes and federal crimes and the two are handled different. Were as the state has certain jurisidiction the federal has certain jurisidiction being that some crimes the state would not have control over prosecution of said crimes because of the nature of the crime.

Our standards are different presently because our society is structured different due to our advancements in other areas of the quality of life.

Also TMA_1 what I said about the ancient Jews incorporating (you used the word 'took') the influences of their captivity I think is true to some degree. While in Babylon the Jews for the first time actually lived with other cultures. Before that captivity they lived isolated from other cultures. Through this interaction they were exposed to other cultures ideas, deities, etc. There is no way that any peoples can be under the rule of another peoples without either one changing (influencing) the other in some way.

Vilgent, I said it isn't about religion NOW. Back then it was, but NOW they have lost their cause for this war and just say whatever they did was for the good of Allah or whoever. If you want to understand my post, READ my post. And the analogy was not meant to describe Islam as a disease (even though I did use virus in the analogy, not disease), or virus, but interpret it as you will.