Some Irritating Little Tactics

bob_fox

Here's one very good little tactic to use.

The first tactic works if you're playing against two or more computers. Take an SR (Stealth Raider) and fire a few bursts at one of your opponent's Harvestors. Nearly his whole army should come after your SR. If, after your SR cloaks, his force begins returning to his base, shoot at one of his Harvestors again with your SR. Now, move your SR and uncloak it near one of your OTHER opponent's base-defence units (do this by force-firing at a piece of ground). If you get this right you will have started a whole war between two of your computer opponents.

This is one of the reasons why the Ordos are the best side in Dune 2000, in my opinion. But I think the Atreides are better in Emperor.

If any of you have any more wicked little tactics, post them here.

Well you can do this with Fremen as well as Stealth Raiders. Basically anything armed and invisible will do the trick. Just shoot an enemy harvester, and then stop your unit from attacking so it will cloak again. The AI will send all their military units to the last known position of your stealthed unit that attacked the harvester. Now use the same unit and attack another AI harvester of a different AI player. The same thing occurs. You can force fire on the ground in an enemy spice field so that both AI players will send all their units to that spice field (while your unit cloaks and runs away ^-^ )and the two AI will fight one another. If all the units bunch up, you could even send an airstrike on top of them or drop the death hand on them (works best against Ordos units due to their lack of missile tanks).

I've got another little (perhaps obvious) tactic. When doing a Saboteur raid, send one or two Raiders first to distract his men. Then quickly cloak your Saboteur and attack. It is recommended that you use more than one Saboteur so that your Raiders (in case they are destroyed) are not lost for nothing. This tactic may not always draw all his men away but it is still quite effective.

• 3 weeks later...

when I send in engineers, I always take the starport and factories first, some power too. I send in a light attack force at the same time to cover the engi's and to keep ai from blowing the builds while my order is on the way. then I get loads of vehics from starport and am halfway done with taking the base, ai cant build anything but infantry/ troopers/sabo's so I just let siege tanks take care of that, and the rest of the builds.

I know this is strange, but here goes...As Harkonnen, build up to High Tech so you can build Sardaukars, and procede to train at least 50-60. If you keep them moving and on infantry rock as much as possible, they becme VERY hard to kill, especially by turrets...I've won like that a couple of times.

You know how long it takes to make 50-60 sard's. :O

I would just send in two or three small groups of 10, from different angles to take care of vehicles, then send in the vehicles that take out buildings the quickest. Make sure you watch your sardines closely and hit ctrl+x If tanks try to run them over.

yeah, by the time some one makes 50-60 sardines, i will have sent an airstrike and taken out the army of one. The u.s. army's slogan "army of one" does not work well in the newer Dune games, i mean from d2k on up. a small group of s-tanks will make short use of sardines on infantree rock or not.

I would recomend sending a couple at minimum, small attack forces of various vehicles and infantry units. ;)

• 1 month later...

Hey u fellas wanna know a real fun tactic? Send 2 combat tanks at either end of the AI's opening so that their whole army comes out. U keep widening the gap between the combat tanks slowly as their units draw closer, an' then u sneak an engineer in and capture the closest building. build some concrete near the opening immediately and fill it with r-turrets. those units outside won't be able to enter their base when they're done with the combat tanks (heh heh heh).

PS- I'm new here so I wanna know- Is there anybody from India here?

Hey u fellas wanna know a real fun tactic? Send 2 combat tanks at either end of the AI's opening so that their whole army comes out. U keep widening the gap between the combat tanks slowly as their units draw closer, an' then u sneak an engineer in and capture the closest building. build some concrete near the opening immediately and fill it with r-turrets. those units outside won't be able to enter their base when they're done with the combat tanks (heh heh heh).

PS- I'm new here so I wanna know- Is there anybody from India here?

ummm......try going online,then see if that tactic works.....i doubt so.One of my lamest tactic is to attk one human enemy with my AI together @ the sAME TIME

btw,r u hindi,tamil,urdu,pungabi or bengali?

Hey OwnGoalPenalty/lowzeewee,

That one is for single player missions. U think that tactic of urs was lame? Wait till u read mine. I haven't played Dune for 7 yrs. I just remember everything in it, thats all. I'm doing my 9th so my parents promised it to me if I get 93% in maths, CBSE (God its gonna be tough, what with the revised curriculum, etc etc). I take it you're from Idia too.I'm a hindu from Chandigarh (The City Beautiful, 200+ kms north of Delhi, etc etc). Where are u from?