Stronghold

Alexander_Ordos

well it is a very good game indeed, sieging and defending castles is incredibly fun and about the graphix, they're not that bad considering the complexity of the engine. unfortunately the AI is a bit crappy but luckily that is fixed in stronghold crusader which has recently been released and looks realy cool.

i don't know the original stronghold, this new one is like only 1 year old or something. crusader only half a month.

archers are not that overpowered, crossbowmen are. there's not much that can beat them when they are in their towers or on the walls behind a moat except for siege weapons

The archers are just fine you wimps ;)

You just don't have a good strategy, mine is for those little siges(attacking):

have 100-150 archers, and 95 pike men.

send the archers to take out the other archers on the wall one at a time, they'll kill more than one at a time because they're inaccurate, If you run into pitch pits, pull back adn let them burn down. Do this till yu've killed all on the wall, then send your "Pikemen Forward" :) to take down the wall and kill the enemy lord.

Does anyone know where I can downloade other people's maps, thanks.

That's true, but how many archers attacking to corssbowmen defending can you get, with enough points left over for the attacker to get 50 pikemen.

This works almost every time for me on Hard, and 50% on Hardest.

Sometimes I don't even need to touch the walls, I can simply kill off the lord with my 100+ archers, I'm a pretty bad castle builder with limited suplies.