Dune Music

Guest LtTitan

Guest LtTitan

I dont know where else to post this, so I am posting it here...

Does anyone have the music to Dune: The Battle for Arrakis. Not Dune 2, The battle for Arrakis for Sega Genesis. I am looking for a particular song I heard there and has been in my head since I played the game. I am looking for the song 'Turbulence'. Does anyone have it, or where I can find it?

I have been looking everywhere for the Sega Dune music, but I just get Dune 2 PC music.

Anyone?

Guest LtTitan

No, they didnt make a Dune 2 for Sega. I think Dune 2 came before the one for sega, but Im not sure. The one for Sega was Dune: The Battle for Arrakis, it had better graphics than Dune 2, and supposedly had more missions. I played both, and the Sega Dune was much better than Dune 2.

And I have been searching for a LONG time (almost a few years). Just recently I have been doing serious searching. Looking into various search engines and websites, etc. But its either not the correct Dune, not the correct music, or the wrong website entirely.

Dune for the Sega was the first Real Time Strategy game I ever played. Boy, I miss the old days of good gaming and better, harder missions.

If anyone has any info on this music, please tell me!

ok, I know how you can do it, I did this once myself to get a song from a vhs movie:

you need TV-out/in cable and then watch the tv in a window on your computer. then record what is on the tv, which is the sega.

cool right, but you need some kind of recording program on your computer, which records what is on the computer.

Guest LtTitan

I dont have the game or a sega anymore. I sold it a few years ago (regretted it ever since). If I had the game I wouldnt be asking for the music, I could just play it in the game.

But thanks anyways.

find a plase to download genesis emulator and dune2 for sega

then rip the musik, with a thing like this:

* Speakers

/ / = 1 Jack to 2 Jack

OUT

sound card * Have a MAle to Male JAck andplug it into the Line-in

That way you will hear what the pc plays and you can extract what the pcplays with a record from line in.

If your pc have a record "What you hear" function, this is will give the same effect, but "What you hear" recodes are bedder quality so i recommand that

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Just to clear it up...

Dune: Battle For Arrakis - NTSE Genesis Consoles

Dune II: Battle For Arrakis - PAL Megadrive consoles

YES IT DID EXIST I HAVE DUNE II!!! BUT ITS ONLY FOR THE PAL MEGADRIVE!

Also the graphics were improved for Dune II, but the gameplay reamined!

-=M@ty=-

• 1 month later...

It did exist for Megadrive / Genesis depending on where your from. It was ok, kinda like a simplified version of dune 2 pc. Impressive for a 16 bit console, though. You could download a ROM of the sega game and listen to it on there, and somehow record it. Just a thought but it might work!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest LtTitan

HEY! Thats the music I was talking about! From Dune: The Battle for Arrackis. Is there anywhere else I can find those songs? I am specifically looking for a song called Turbulance. Thanks for finding those ones though, takes me back. Thanks ahead if you ever do find the music (Turbulance).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...