House Ordos

DarkElf49

I'm currently reading "God Emperor Of Dune", but I was wondering witch book house Ordos was introduced to the books and played a role other than just being mentioned, or where they made up for the prequals. Also, where they one of the smaller houses that arose during Paul's reign?

The DE is and at the same time is not canon. What is "canon" in a fictional book? From Dune up to God Emperor of Dune it explains everything almost perfectly. There are some mistakes but not nearly as many made by Kevin and Brian in the prequels

In this case, I think canonization would imply endorsement/approval by Frank Herbert. Personally, I see both the DE and the prequels as fan fiction (Brian may have been Frank's son, but he's writing the book as a fan).

that's my though too :)

FH sure have said DE is good, still, it was not an official book...

Well I know you have the DE vanguard. Read the letter at the beginning. It isnt an endorsement, but it does show that frank loved the idea. Frank wouldnt want strife of that kind in the Duniverse. It works like that with most science fiction. Other ideas by different authors are incorperated into the whole. I think that the DE is far closer to the Dune universe than Brian. Even if he did have "notes".