Sequel UDUNE2?

stefanhendriks

I have an idea, you could work on my games ai instead ;D, right now it has only the simplest ai which begs to be improved, would save alot of time....

Of course it would then be a team effort, its worth consideration

I have an idea, you could work on my games ai instead ;D, right now it has only the simplest ai which begs to be improved, would save alot of time....

Of course it would then be a team effort, its worth consideration

You'd first have to release the source code or provide 'private' access.

its a consideration. However, for the moment, i'd like to create my own engine because i already addapted great portions of code for the AI plans. As it will be open source , Tony, you can always use some code from it ;)

Anyhow, i'd like to see your code anywayz, i wonder if i can read it (there are a lot of styles you can program it in, i am a 'comment as much as you can' coder ;))

Yeah, I noticed last time about that comments 'addiction' ;->

My style is the opposite, no comments ;->

I assume your C++ skill has improved due to RealBot.

If you release your code as GPL, Tony can't use it unless he releases his code too.

its a consideration. However, for the moment, i'd like to create my own engine because i already addapted great portions of code for the AI plans. As it will be open source , Tony, you can always use some code from it ;)

Hey no probs, sounds good, although I am thinking I would like to build my own AI anyways. It will just be a while till it happens thats all, perhaps I will borrow a few ideas from yours ;D

Anyhow, i'd like to see your code anywayz, i wonder if i can read it (there are a lot of styles you can program it in, i am a 'comment as much as you can' coder ;))

That commenting style is always good, I am on the other end of the scale, I tend to put very little commenting in, but I think most of my code is very clean and should be easily understandable.

Yeah, I noticed last time about that comments 'addiction' ;->

My style is the opposite, no comments ;->

I assume your C++ skill has improved due to RealBot.

If you release your code as GPL, Tony can't use it unless he releases his code too.

Well, i will just release the source to everyone with some own sort of license. It wont be anything worth actually, lets say i would do it like with UDUNE2.

And yeah, i really cant stop commenting code ;)

The skills in C++/C are improved, else i really have wasted my time. But hence i a not that experienced. I did learn dynamic lists and such with classes (linked-list), and some other stuff.

But i just have an old fashioned style of coding i guess.

Btw, writing an AI is fun! Its cool to see a computer take logical decisions. The real aim would be a computer figuring out own situations and learn from them (A dynamic Neural Network would do that i assume, but i dont know anything about that). Currently i think all AI stuff is just way to fixed. You can sometimes literaly expect some attacks/moves from a computer, and that is what i would like to avoid ;)