Some problems with Emperor

bdac

Try the following:

1) Behind the games shortcut (right click on the desktop icon and select properties), type -altvid

If it doesn't help, remove it again.

2) Try to lower your display resolution to 800x600 256 colors. The adapter refresh rate to default.

3) Check to what your AGP slot is set for in your BIOS. From the dxdiag file, it seems that your video card is only able to run AGP 2x. If the BIOS shows anything higher, or is set to turbo, please set it to 2x.

Let me know if any of the above helped, if not, I'll help you further.

I set the res to 800x600, changed to 256 colors and added the extra line in the shortcut. It still became choppy when units fired. Then I toook out the line in the shortcut and changed my display to 16-bit color for some reason... and then most infantry with small arms stopped causing problems.I'm not sure where the menu of BIOS that changes the AGP settings is or even if I checked the right BIOS.BTW, when I changed the adapter refresh rate from "optimal" to "adapter default", it seemed to get worse.Update:I had some virus probs (18 infected files!) on my other system and have fixed them, Emperor now installs but has the same choppiness problem as on the other system.

Sorry if I wasn't too clear in that last post, I was still half-asleep.

I have installed Emperor on both of my systems, fixing my first problem (locked up before installation began). The choppiness problem, however, has not been fixed.

By saying "the menu of BIOS that changes the AGP settings",I meant the menu in BIOS where I would be able to change the AGP settings.

Once again, sorry if my last post was not all that clear.

You should be able to get in the BIOS by pressing [DEL] when the computer boots up (when it counts the memory right in the beginning).

As for where to find the AGP setting, I think it should be under some sort of advanced option. I can't be exact, but you might find it in the manual of the motherboard.

Another thing that might help is to turn all ingame graphical settings to low. Make sure your drivers are up to date.

Last for now, make sure all background programs are closed (press ctrl - alt - delete once and close all except for "Systray" and "Explorer").

I have checked the AGP settings on my comps and they both seem to be configured properly.

I have had the graphics on low since I noticed the problem. The game ran much faster but choppiness still occurred. I also tried shutting down all background programs, but this did not help.

But...

Other than the choppiness, E:BFD works fine. I just ground the AI into the rock their puny base sat on. ;D

Only the graphix are choppy, it seems. The sound is not choppy. Perhaps it is my video card-I might be able to test on a system with a different card (both of my systems have the same card). Hopefully E:BFD will work with the third comp (it's rather picky about what will run on it for some reason.)

• 1 month later...