Dune Legacy 0.09 released

TonyD

i am still learning classes, but from what i know, they are a way of storing variables. there are a few special things about classes. like when the objects in the class are initialized, they run a whole function. so in a way a class is like a structure, but with related functions included
you should really know about classes a use them for any big program.

Well, it depends on how deep you want to go. If you want to use the true power of classes you need some pretty good understanding of them. But, you could even use them 'instead' of structures.

For example, you can let have 1 class be derived from another. Like, you have for example a human body. A human body has specific parts, each part can be another class, but they are all part of the body, which is also a class.

something like:

class human_body

{

// bla

}

class human_head :: human_body

{

// etc

}

its not a veyr good example, but hey, you probably get the idea.

i've downloaded your new version including the file msvcp70.dll, and now it complains about not finding msvcr70.dll :)

actually i've even downloaded that dll file from the web. that must be a wrong version though because it says it couldn't find entry point "__iob_func" in the msvcr70.dll and still doesn't work. pretty weird stuff.

• 4 weeks later...

the r/g turret thingy is quite cool i think in the original Dune 2. You pay the price for an R-Turret, meaning it also has a G-Turret on it. In fact, this G-Turret is a lot weaker. Besides, a R-Turret which cant defend itself on close range (due the great miss percentage using rockets) is useless imo.

Anyhow, its your game! :D

• 1 month later...

Seems really great.

But how to play with no mouse wheel?

I really need my 3-buttons mouse for other apps.

I have tried to convert my middle-button into wheel using mouse properties, but without success.

Is there a way to play Dune legacy without a mouse wheel?

Thanks in advance