Known universe

Emperor Harkonnen

Yep, this is the most stupid answer I have given on this forum. But the "known univers" is the known univers. ;D

It has become bigger throughout the years [ in Dune ]. Don't know the boundriesof it, but in Herretics and Chapterhouse the number of planets in the known univers are given a couple of times.

This is universe that Guild can travell. Where people know there are people too.

Emperor is ruler of universe, but somewhere can be race that is not discover and is more skilled than Guild and Sardaukar both, so Emperor isn`t emperor of universe, though. So he is Emperor of only known universe. Its funny, there are millions of planet that they don`t really know who is eg Shaddam.

Not true. The navigators have prescience. They can see a bit into the future and can control the ship accordingly. THe thing is, after the spice was found there was no more need for exploration. They already knew many planets and there was no overpopulation to speak of therefore it is not needed. Look at the exploration in the americas. It wasnt to find new things and new lands but to gain riches. If there is nothing needed after that then there is no need to grow. Look at now with the space programs of the world. We only send sattilites and and no manned flights. this can be seen because we have more important things to tend to.

- God Emperor of Dune SPOILER -

This is universe that Guild can travell.

euh, nope. Remember the exident in House Corrino ? The known univers is simply the charted and explored univers.

In the time of the God Emperor almost no one was allowed to travel anymore. But I think there are some clues that Leto II knew things beyond the known univers at that time.

- HOUSE CORRINO SPOILER -

Yep, he does. He says they have seen them, they noticed them and are getting closer. They have to go else it will be to late. But I don't think this great danger is described in a way. I ones had a discussion it could be the people who reterned in the scattering. When "our" scattering by Leto II begin the ru ninto those people. But this is highly without any ground. As far as I know that danger can be anything.

Please, guys, I didn`t read House Corrino yet! Spoiler! :P

And Navigators of Guild going there where people are. They need to have something on the ships to transport, and they don`t have reasons (without lost incidents) to go there where space wasn`t explored. This is still unknown space, even if Guild is able to go wherever they want.

• 3 weeks later...