Warhammer 40k

Usul

This thread is for any 40k players out there to discuss their armies and also to list any similarities between 40k and Dune eg lasguns, Emporer worshiped as a god (once called the god emporer somewhere I remeber), emporer nearly imortal, Sisters of Battle/Fish Speakers, the name Imperial Guard (I remember seeing it in GEOD), etc.

I woud say so. If you enjoy stratagy games then yes and if you enjoy painting and modeling then even more so. If you want to know more about the setting of 40k or the armies within it then just ask.

Well i go close combat with both of mine. Blood angels always close combat, tyranids have zoanthropes, and venom cannons, but mainly hormagaunts for close quaters. Catchs guys are sweet. I was looking at there codex and saw the demolition guys, ord template strength 8, ap 3 nice. And there special jungle rules rock.

I couldn't stand a H to H army but thats just me. IG suck in close quaters anyway (although they do have more people). Have you seen the new Tanith rules though whole army can infiltrate, one of the three most famous snipers in the Imperium (1-Vindicer, 2-Mad Larkin (mine), 3-Sly Marlibo (also mine). Also I can get a heavy bolter to infiltrate ('Try again' Bragg) which might not sound much to you SM players but for IG its good. With Mkoll I can but any Tanith infantry squad in ambush and scan as if he had an auspex, the slightly phsycic Milo gives Gaunt a +3 (I think its +3) invunrable save and counts as a standered that can't be captured, etc, etc.

I need to finish making and painting my army because I got most of it(all but maybe7 guys)2 weeks ago. anyways my army is a hit and run type of army with a good amount of heavy support. I have 4 bikers and a land speeder for hit and run stuff and will have a 5 man devastater squad(god I love these guys)for tanks. my dreadnought will be infanty/tank support and soon to be sniper squad will be there for those pesty fast attackers. oh and should I get a land raider crusader or a regular land raider?(one has 2 dual lascannons and 2 heavy bolters, while the other has 12 bolters 2 assault cannons and a multimelta[the fisrt one is the landraider, the second is the crusader])oh and I will also try to get a rhino in my army.

so what are in your armys? and any suggestins

Tip, don't get any Land Raiders they cost like 240+ points. If each units aim is to get back the points to get it by killing the enemy then a Land Raider will never make it back. Anyway my army has one Catachan command squad and will have Colonel 'Iron Hand' Straken to lead it, a Tanith command squad, a Catachan patrol squad, 3 DWV snipers and one infantry platoon of two 5 man squads lead by a lieutenant.