modding missions gone wrong.

Striking Drekavac

so was trying again with making maps bigger than 128x128 (tried do bigger map aka 400x400)  game did still crash even after removing "copied" buldings..it looked like edge of file was looped so it tried to put buldings outside map bounds resulting in game crash,i did delete these buldings and fixed terrain but it still wont let me play,forgot to backup before modding... where can get new original mission maps?

10 hours ago, Striking Drekavac said:

so was trying again with making maps bigger than 128x128 (tried do bigger map aka 400x400)  game did still crash even after removing "copied" buldings..it looked like edge of file was looped so it tried to put buldings outside map bounds resulting in game crash,i did delete these buldings and fixed terrain but it still wont let me play,forgot to backup before modding... where can get new original mission maps?

I can recommend to use the mission launcher features for new maps, so you can toy with missions withouth altering the originals nor doing back ups.
Feda's signature have the link to that launcher.

Edited by Cm_blast

I forgot this existed.

Somebody ask me to upload this. Take in consideration that these are the unaltered original missions; gruntmod's version are bigger (black border) to avoid bugs with 4k monitors and things like that. I just got called to upload the vanilla versions, if you don't have problems with the big resolutions you can get download these, if not, then you need to redownload gruntmods as Feda told you.

thanks. i just forgot to backup after deeper experiments.  after spending two days i could not find way to play game on more than 128x128.  the map after 128x128 starts to loop and structures are randomly spread across map border and beyond (so could not delete them to make map playable)  i  did analyze further and it appears to be map file limitations,it stops rendering terrain properly after 128x128.  my goal was to create huge map and put bigger bases plus modded ai and some puzzling triggers these missions would be big challenge..  game crash even at 129x129 no matter how i clear terrain from unwanted buldings..

• 6 months later...

after long research i realized that pushing map above 128x128 will cause game crash always,i dont know how to say it but after 128x128 it begins to put random structures at edges of map so game will crash,trying to remove these unwanted buldings does not work they return in  another area of map (they show  on edges of map and some probably way behind eyesight so its quite impossible to remove these)