MartiusR

Dune 2000 GruntsModeEdition - error during launching any mission

Since it's my first post - hello everybody!

I wanted to try Gruntmods edition of Dune 2000, however no matter if I'm trying to launch any of campaign missions or some single mission, I'm still thrown out of the game with this error:

"File not found BLOXBGBS.r16"

I was trying to uninstall and install game again, as well as tried to re-download installer and try again... But none of these helped. I'm launching game as administrator (using Windows 8.1 64 bit), but it also didn't help.

Tried to find anything via web browser (as well as searching tool at this forum), but I didn't found anyone with the same problem.  Many thanks in advance for any help/tips!

Just in case, here are my PC's specs:

Processor: IntelCorei7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz
RAM: 16 GB DDR3
Graphic Card: NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 6 GB

Hi there,

I also have the same error as MartiusR: "File not found BLOXBGBS.r16" and it is effectively because the file is not in the directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\Gruntmods Studios\Dune 2000\data"

I will try to search it from the original disk or somewhere else until some body find a better solution...

Edited by CesarIII

I solve it by opening the "Dune-2000-Gruntmods-Edition-1.6.2.3.exe" file with 7zip (or your favorite compressor) and search for the file BLOXBGBS.r16 and extract it to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Gruntmods Studios\Dune 2000\data".

Not sure if any other file is missing. Ill be watching...

12 hours ago, CesarIII said:

I solve it by opening the "Dune-2000-Gruntmods-Edition-1.6.2.3.exe" file with 7zip (or your favorite compressor) and search for the file BLOXBGBS.r16 and extract it to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Gruntmods Studios\Dune 2000\data".

Not sure if any other file is missing. Ill be watching...

Thanks for the report.

Can you look if you have this other files there?
*BLOXBASE.r16
*BLOXBAT.r16
*BLOXBGSG.r16
*BLOXICE.r16
*BLOXTREE.r16
*BLOXWAST.r16
*BLOXXMAS.r16

All are tilesets on the "data" folder; tell me if all are there (instalation).
If only the BGSG one it's missing can you tell me if that file, when you opened the .exe from 7zip, was in the correct path?

In the other post it is said that none of those files are present; I could reccomend to extract all the r.16 files just in case.

And just for discard it, buy you can try to search those r.16 files outside /data on your game installed; they could be in a wrong path; I don't know.

Edited by Cm_blast

-" Can you look if you have this other files there?
*BLOXBASE.r16
*BLOXBAT.r16
*BLOXBGSG.r16
*BLOXICE.r16
*BLOXTREE.r16
*BLOXWAST.r16
*BLOXXMAS.r16"

I do NOT have in my installation directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\Gruntmods Studios\Dune 2000\data) the file BLOXBGSG.r16 ; BLOXTREE.r16 and BLOXXMAS.r16. 

All other files are there. BLOXBGSG.r16 ; BLOXTREE.r16 and BLOXXMAS.r16 are not in the installation file!

- "All are tilesets on the "data" folder; tell me if all are there (instalation).
   If only the BGSG one it's missing can you tell me if that file, when you opened the .exe from 7zip, was in the correct path?"

I hink you mean the BLOXBGBS.r16 instead of the BOLXBGSG.r16. Yes, it is in the "Dune 2000\data\" directory in the installation file.

- "In the other post it is said that none of those files are present; I could reccomend to extract all the r.16 files just in case."

I'll extract all *.r16 files to the \data game directory.

- "And just for discard it, buy you can try to search those r.16 files outside /data on your game installed; they could be in a wrong path; I don't know." 

All *.r16 type files are in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Gruntmods Studios\Dune 2000\data" directory. (Search made from C:\).

CesarIII

7 minutes ago, CesarIII said:

I hink you mean the BLOXBGBS.r16 instead of the BOLXBGSG.r16. Yes, it is in the "Dune 2000\data\" directory in the installation file.

Yes, sorry the typo here. 

5 minutes ago, CesarIII said:

I do NOT have in my installation directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\Gruntmods Studios\Dune 2000\data) the file BLOXBGSG.r16 ; BLOXTREE.r16 and BLOXXMAS.r16. 

All other files are there. BLOXBGSG.r16 ; BLOXTREE.r16 and BLOXXMAS.r16 are not in the installation file!

Alright; I already contacted gruntlord (in charge of gruntmods) to let him now those problems that suddenly appear on his last release; meanwhile use your solution to get all the r.16 files you can, and in the case the game got you another error for another missing file report it too.

I understand that the issue has already been forwarded to gruntlord, but I don't see the BLOXICE.R16 file inside of the installer when opening with 7zip. The contents of the .exe and what's installed are identical. I do own dune2000 on CD, do I need to install it on an old pc and copy the files off that, or will the assets not match?

11 hours ago, Al Capwn said:

I understand that the issue has already been forwarded to gruntlord, but I don't see the BLOXICE.R16 file inside of the installer when opening with 7zip. The contents of the .exe and what's installed are identical. I do own dune2000 on CD, do I need to install it on an old pc and copy the files off that, or will the assets not match?

That maybe work, but not sure (you could try a portable version, so don't need to install anything at all).

But instead doing all that, I am going to upload here all the BLOX-something, unzip it, move them into the "data" and try to see if the game works.
BLOXTHINGS.rar

If still there is other problems (another missin file) report it, just to know.

And as a last resort;
https://gruntmods.com/dune-2000-gruntmods-edition-1-6-2-2/

This it's suppose to be an update, I have no idea what that update do or if it will work because you have a new version.

But maybe you can try the "lite" version; uninstalling whatever it's installed now and picking the lite version.
https://gruntmods.com/dune_2000_gruntmods_edition/

it's the 1.6.2.2 version, the one I have; no idea exactly the difference between the normal and the lite version, but at this point maybe worth a try.

Edited by Cm_blast

Thank you very much for the Bloxthings, this should take care of it, if not I'll try the 1.6.2.2 version as well as lite versions.

Greetings
I'm new here so Hi to everybody!
I just want to say that i had exactly the same problem with my game and thanks to your bloxthings file i managed to repair my game and its working! Thx mate!