Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Cm_blast

[Release] Harkonnen Family - Dune 2000 Campaign

Recommended Posts

Here I am with a new Harkonnen campaign made by. For this one I tried to use some “defence areas”. This means you may encounter units controlled by the AI wandering zones without buildings or even walls around. This is only present in a few maps. So I just tried a couple of ideas here and there. This campaign it’s called “Family Harkonnen”. 

Story:
The great Baron Rakan Harkonnen has been ruling Dune for years, but now some lesser enemies have been appearing in supposedly clean areas. This is the perfect time to call his two sons: Gunseng and Copec. They both lack military experience, so the Baron will send them to fight those weak enemies, thus giving them some experience in real combat. 

Gunseng, being controlled by the player, will fight alongside his brother to perform all the tasks that your father has planned for you two. Sharing resources at first, but later they become strong enough not to constantly need each other. Can those two sons please their father? 

Game:
For this campaign I tried to recover one style I almost forgot: Plenty of resources. Although in the early missions the money it’s not too much (or the initial units), the more mission we advance large amounts of money and units will be given to the player. Not only that, but also at least 2 or more reinforcements for the player during almost all the levels, so you can expect enemies attacking early as well.

You brother it’s going to be very helpful, providing protection to the player the same way the player should be giving some protection to your ally, but the stronger and experienced both brothers becomes, the less they require to need to help each other, even at some point you can do a mission for yourself, and so your brother.

The player (Gunseng) doesn’t have any line of dialogue through the game. Your father, your brother and sometimes other enemies are going to be the ones telling the player what it is happening or what you are suppose to do.

Notes:
The early missions are really fast to beat, but don’t get too confused. Once the combat tanks tech is reached enemies are going to take longer to defeat.
I recommend building the barracks after your first refinery. Some maps start with lots of credits and heavy tanks, so it’s not something that you’ll need always; but spending a few credits on troopers on defend won’t hurt you.
Mission 7 it's when the game becomes serious (I mean, hard), so a few turrets here and there are going to save you from enemy attacks.
I don’t want to spoil the story, but I want to tell that not the full campaign it’s just about “Baron gives you a mission, sons fulfill”; so play to encounter something more interesting that a chain of tasks to do.

Images:
59f727c7dd399_HarkonnenFamily0.png.e1cd9e46e966b130bfc8a3391efdcd84.png59f727c98ed64_HarkonnenFamily1.png.924822baeb24465126d68ada5657e3a3.png59f727cc2d546_HarkonnenFamily2.png.98df59cd14162b4573b18ccfb4addae9.png

Download:
Harkonnen Family.zip

Readme.txt included with more information about files needed, but as long as you have the lastests gruntmod versions, all the files should be already there (except the maps).
There isn't any other aditional file.

Edited by Cm_blast
Rearranging the sections a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Updated post

I played the mission 1 and 2. It looks interesting and easy. And I like it. :) If too easy I'm not always like it. The mission 3 is fun. But the mission 4 and 5 is already serious. And you need to play more seriously. I didn't have problems with these missions. In beginning possible to play on hard mode. But if not enough spices, it's complicated to play on hard mode.

Edited by Dark Wesker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey man, 

i cant seem to open this file. keeps telling me off. could you maybe do it as a zip file instead please

Jasper 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Jasper1993 said:

Hey man, 

i cant seem to open this file. keeps telling me off. could you maybe do it as a zip file instead please

Jasper 

I usually use .zip, but winrar do it in .rar by default, I forgot to change; although it's weird you can't unzip the .rar
Anyway, At the end of the post I upload it in a .zip, so you can get it.

On 31/10/2017 at 6:43 AM, Dark Wesker said:

I played the mission 1 and 2. It looks interesting and easy. And I like it. :) If too easy I'm not always like it. The mission 3 is fun. But the mission 4 and 5 is already serious. And you need to play more seriously. I didn't have problems with these missions. In beginning possible to play on hard mode. But if not enough spices, it's complicated to play on hard mode.

Yes, mission 1 to 3 are easy and quick. The third mission it's just a small "scare" to new players; your ally will never allow the player to be really defeated, so it's really easy.

Mission 4-6 requires more attention to win. The missions have a good amount of initial spice, on top on that I think the amount of initial resources should be enough to have a chance to win in hard too.

I think to be able to win in hard the player needs to know/discover the best areas to harverst, while in normal the player can mess up and still beat the map. In some of my plays sometimes I lost a wintrap being in "low energy" for a while, loosing a harverster at 5 minutes because the sandworm, and letting my harverster going where they want, even if they go into the enemy, only retreating them if the AI harass them too much.

Edited by Cm_blast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably you can find a safe place. How many sandworms are in mission 7? 2. But it seems that there are more of them. Very active, aggressive for me. This campaign looks easy than your others. Because it's easy to survive. In mission 7 beginning I almost lost all units because the enemies attacked very quickly and I didn't expect it. But was no problem to survive. And it was not an easy mission. And I like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dark Wesker said:

Probably you can find a safe place. How many sandworms are in mission 7? 2. But it seems that there are more of them. Very active, aggressive for me. This campaign looks easy than your others. Because it's easy to survive. In mission 7 beginning I almost lost all units because the enemies attacked very quickly and I didn't expect it. But was no problem to survive. And it was not an easy mission. And I like this.

Only 2 of them. Well, sometimes the sandworms likes the player or something :P. The map it's big and there are lots of harverster around the map, so 2 it's a good number to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Updated post

The mission 8 is very complicated. Many enemies and from all sides at one timeIt was not easy to do something. But I survived and beat this mission. I lost a lot harvester.

The last mission is good and very interesting. I'm not scared of 3 death hands and it was easy to play. When you have reinforcements and imperial forces help you. I liked this campaign. The most difficult mission was 8. Someday I'll try on hard mode. :) Only I don't like if there is not at least one safe place to collect spices (spice bloom, close to you base). If the mission is very hard.

Edited by Dark Wesker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2017 at 2:55 PM, Dark Wesker said:

The last mission is good and very interesting. I'm not scared of 3 death hands and it was easy to play. When you have reinforcements and imperial forces help you. I liked this campaign. The most difficult mission was 8. Someday I'll try on hard mode. :) Only I don't like if there is not at least one safe place to collect spices (spice bloom, close to you base). If the mission is very hard.

I glad you like it.

Since the player have lots of initial money and units I decided to make sure that the player builds carryall to keep the pace (and to put the harversters in danger, so the player can't just rest after a good defence it's deployed).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Done on normal difficulty at fastest speed. Here's what I got:

Spoiler

MAP01:
This match was over in six minutes.

Hell yeah, this is my jam! I wish that we could have built a second and third Barracks for more production speed, but that's okay. Copec having the other Barracks made up for that quite well.

Seeing characters chat it up with each-other is neat, and despite the lower amount of Spice received, the map progressed without incident! Great first map, eager to see what happens next. I like having characters around rather than just sides.

MAP02:
This match was over in about ten minutes.

Two worms? Why? :( My Harvesters...

This was, once again, a fun map. My economy was a-okay until both of the worms decided it was a good idea to hang around my base, at which time things slowed down a whole bunch. One worm would be just fine on this map! I think one of the two should be removed. Other than that, no complaints.

MAP03:
This match was over in about ten minutes.

Dang it, Copec! Starting a fight outta nowhere like that. :P The size of the smuggler base was pretty nice. I enjoyed razing it. As with the other two maps so far, economy was a-okay to get started and I happily pumped out lots of units without needing to worry about my funds more than necessary. Thank you for that!

I guess my only complaint would be that it's a little hard to tell the difference between smuggler troops and Copec's during fights at midfield, but that's not that big a deal.

MAP04:
This match was over in about thirteen minutes.

Copec wasn't all that helpful, but that's alright. I was able to complete the map just fine without assistance. Starting with two vehicle factories and a Repair Pad really helped me kick off the map! The Atreides bases were of decent size and taking 'em all out was good fun.

MAP05:
This match was over in about eleven minutes.

I do wish I had a little more room to build, but I understand. It was fine. After clearing the middle ground, I set up an MCV there and plopped down another Heavy Factory, and then it was over pretty quickly after that. Interesting terrain on this map.

MAP06:
This map was cleared in about twenty-two minutes.

I didn't mind there being two worms on this map until they both decided to come right behind me while I was trying to push into the Imperial base. -_- That's obviously just bad luck, but I am throwing it out there anyway lol

I enjoyed this map! There were enough Imperial troops attacking to keep things interesting without being too hard to take out the mercenary defenses. The mercenaries helped plenty with stalling the Imperials, taking out their attacking forces wasn't too tough given the time I had to mass troops, and my only complaint is that the Imperials are a liiiittle too boxed in at their main base. I'd settle for one Large Gun Turret at each entrance a little bit behind the Medium Gun Turrets, maybe some more infantry-only terrain and clear some cliff at the northeast entrance, but other than that, fun map!

One question, though... wasn't the Emperor slain during the campaign? I thought the Baron said during the briefing for mission 1 that HE ruled Arrakis, so I thought this was after the D2k campaign, in which case Corrino would be dead and Rakan Harkonnen would be the new emperor of Dune. So what's with all the Imperials?

MAP07:
This map was done in, like, twenty-two minutes or so. Might have been twelve without so much trouble at the south side!

I was in the middle of razing the Atreides base when the announcement went out that they were turning on the Mercenaries, and then the Ordos annihilated the smugglers all on their own while I was setting up in the Atreides base. I just finished off the mercenaries and then went for the Ordos, and they held me almost effortlessly at the front of their base. I even threw an Airstrike from the captured Atreides HTF right on top of their standing forces as they funneled between the turrets to meet mine. They must have had like 60 tanks just defending their base.

The tight space is one thing, but it's the only entrance to the Ordos base that's accessible with vehicles. I tried attacking through the infantry-only with a modest force of Troopers, but a couple of Siege Tanks lingered there while the rest were at the main entrance and they held me off again. So... the Ordos base is waaay too defensible on this map.

On the plus side, I had no trouble holding off all four enemies at my main base while building up. Fun map, it was just the Ordos base that screwed me over real hard. I think it might help if the entrance were opened up some, or a second vehicle-accessible entrance were added...

MAP08:
This map got really annoying, really fast.

On my first attempt, it wasn't too bad since I naturally bunkered up. I saw two locations around mine pretty early, I didn't realize there were two more just yet.

I had no idea how well they'd be defended and didn't want to find out since I was getting hit EXTREMELY aggressively for quite a while. I was working up my way to attack when suddenly about 30 tanks, mostly Devastators / Combat Tanks / Missile Tanks come in from the east and completely wipe out all my defenses, reserve forces, and intended offensive units. No, this was not at any point after Copec's build rate was increased and it especially wasn't after he receives an order for Devastators. It was really early in the map.

So, I started over and thought, "I have a lot of units. Why don't I just see what's down here and try to take out this little base or something?" So I did, and found it was only a couple of turrets and vehicles. Yet, there was a Spice field there. I took out that Sietch, then another, and despite having saved most of my units and taken out two Sietches by that point, I still didn't have enough troops to fend off the other attacking forces.

The Light Factory to start did absolutely nothing for me. Even spamming Quads for the initial attacks on the Sietches (and keeping those Quads safe with repairs and by covering them with Combat Tanks) did me zero favors. The enemy attacks WAY too often from a ton of angles. It doesn't matter that it's one or two units; I need to keep bringing my forces around or diverting my attention to repair turrets and then it's already over. Starting off with a Heavy Factory (for Harvesters / Combat Tanks), a Barracks (for Troopers), or even an Outpost (for awareness) might be better, and the frequency of those attacks needs to be reduced. Maybe change the Large Gun Turrets to Medium Gun Turrets only, remove some Siege Tanks, or perhaps change which units are at which Sietch. One might have a few Siege Tanks, making it hard to attack with infantry, and another might use Large Gun Turrets or something.

After all this, I modified the map to execute reinforcements differently. They were on intervals like 4500 start / 18000 interval, 9000 start / 18000, etc. and released four units simultaneously. The two reinforcements that side 6 received were timed to sync up with the first two Sietch spawns. I removed the Light Factory and added a Barracks and Outpost instead. Intervals on Sietch reinforcements decrease as the Sietches are destroyed. The redesigned version was finished in about 30 minutes.

That infuriating game of whack-a-mole in the normal version gave me a lot of REE. :( Here's the redesigned version I worked up, if you wanna have a look: HF8 Redux.zip

MAP09:
This match was over in about 30 minutes. And it was WAAAY more fun than the previous map!

I had no problem getting my economy started and teching up, the Sietch reinforcements were pretty nice, starting units quite sufficient for defense, enemy forces challenging but not too much, enemy base defenses sufficient without being too difficult to break, the enemy Palaces weren't that big of a hassle, the rock island north of the starting position was wonderfully defensible, and I was in the process of attacking for the first time just as the Imperials say "ayy lmao we're gonna come kill c0pec 4 u m8." All perfect!

OVERALL:
With the minor exception of MAP08 making me REE like hell until I modified it, all the other maps were great fun and well-constructed! An awesome campaign, though I hope my suggestions go to good use for fine-tuning it a liiittle bit more.

That's that. :) I'll see ya on the Harkonnen WIP thread, ayy? Or the smugglers campaign release thread, if you're playing through that one again first.

Edited by Fey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Fey said:

Dang it, Copec! Starting a fight outta nowhere like that

The player can do it too :P. There are other dialogues, but the outcome it's the same (but in this case it's the player the one triggering the hostilities).

5 hours ago, Fey said:

One question, though... wasn't the Emperor slain during the campaign? I thought the Baron said during the briefing for mission 1 that HE ruled Arrakis, so I thought this was after the D2k campaign, in which case Corrino would be dead and Rakan Harkonnen would be the new emperor of Dune. So what's with all the Imperials?

This is more closer to the book. The Harkonnen rule Arrakis, but the Emperor rule the universe :P.

5 hours ago, Fey said:

They must have had like 60 tanks just defending their base.

Stuff weird happens when you play it xD. When I play this map I usually attack the harverster on X faction, and when all the units start to chase after me I run into another AI so they kill each other units.

But This is probably just a bad luck from your part. Sometimes I see the Ordos grouping a bit around the base, but never with 60 tanks and weird stuff like that. Probably other Ais were attacking a lot (or high power attacks) making the Ordos to wait until nobody it's attacking to launch his own attack.

At the end, it's best if you attack harversters instead going against the base. Being the area that narrow the Ordos have trouble going out of their own base, so you can take kill the units more easily that inside their base. Or you can just sit in your base and wait until the Ordos launch one attack, at least to making him loose some of thos group units.

5 hours ago, Fey said:

No, this was not at any point after Copec's build rate was increased and it especially wasn't after he receives an order for Devastators. It was really early in the map.

weird stuff because he it's not really that fast in building, and the second reinforcements appears at 8500 ticks while the first attack happen at 15000, so no wonder how the enemy send you a so incredible attack. At least you send a trike or something somewhere making him enter his "emergency build" and grouping because of that.

5 hours ago, Fey said:

After all this, I modified the map to execute reinforcements differently. They were on intervals like 4500 start / 18000 interval, 9000 start / 18000, etc. and released four units simultaneously. The two reinforcements that side 6 received were timed to sync up with the first two Sietch spawns. I removed the Light Factory and added a Barracks and Outpost instead. Intervals on Sietch reinforcements decrease as the Sietches are destroyed. The redesigned version was finished in about 30 minutes.

I don't know, once I place two or three rockect turrets at the left-up area and another 2-3 on the left-down area I don't need to paid too much attention to that. No enemy troopers, just single vehicles. Except for the devastators 2 turrets up and 2 turrets down hold on they own. I only place maybe a few troopers in guardian for a little of help, and maintain my army to defeat the front door. To me it's hard until I can place a few turrets.

Well, I give 30 minutes (in normal speed) to destroy the four sietchs before the big wave of devastators are delivered. 30 minutes it's more than enough time to destroy the 4 sietchs, even with all those defenses, so maybe you find it hard because you are trying to take them too early.

I usually don't take the sietchs until I don't have devastators. 2 devastators taking the enemy fire, and while everyone it's shooting my heavy tank, I only need 3-4 quads to take the siege tank or the missile tank (or both) and then 3-4 troopers to take the turrets. I don't need more than 12 units to take 1 sietch, I repair/replace what I lost and continue to take the next sietch and so on... but of course, I wait until I have the ultra-mega-strong-no-one-can-defeat devastator, not before.

Edited by Cm_blast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Cm_blast said:

The player can do it too :P. There are other dialogues, but the outcome it's the same (but in this case it's the player the one triggering the hostilities).

Oh, that's neat. I was just massing units for fun. :P

6 minutes ago, Cm_blast said:

This is more closer to the book. The Harkonnen rule Arrakis, but the Emperor rule the universe :P.

That makes sense.

6 minutes ago, Cm_blast said:

Stuff weird happens when you play it xD. When I play this map I usually attack the harverster on X faction, and when all the units start to chase after me I run into another AI so they kill each other units.

But This is probably just a bad luck from your part. probably other Ais were attacking a lot (or high power attacks) making the Ordos to wait until nobody it's attacking to launch his own attack.

Dang it, RNG!

6 minutes ago, Cm_blast said:

weird stuff because he it's not really that fast in building, and the second reinforcements appears at 8500 ticks while the first attack happen at 15000, so no wonder how the enemy send you a so incredible attack. At least you send a trike or something somewhere making him enter his "emergency build" and grouping because of that.

I only scouted around my immediate area, so I have absolutely no idea how that happened. Maybe it was like MAP02 in Domaithianus' Ordos campaign?

6 minutes ago, Cm_blast said:

I don't know, once I place two or three rockect turrets at the left-up area and another 2-3 on the left-down area I don't need to paid too much attention to that. No enemy troopers, just single vehicles. Except for the devastators 2 turrets up and 2 turrets down hold on they own. I only place maybe a few troopers in guardian for a little of help, and maintain my army to defeat the front door. To me it's hard until I can place a few turrets.

Well, I give 30 minutes (in normal speed) to destroy the four sietchs before the big wave of devastators are delivered. 30 minutes it's more than enough time to destroy the 4 sietchs, even with all those defenses, so maybe you find it hard because you are trying to take them too early.

I usually don't take the sietchs until I don't have devastators. 2 devastators taking the enemy fire, and while everyone it's shooting my heavy tank, I only need 3-4 quads to take the siege tank or the missile tank (or both) and then 3-4 troopers to take the turrets. I don't need more than 12 units to take 1 sietch, I repair/replace what I lost and continue to take the next sietch and so on... but of course, I wait until I have the ultra-mega-strong-no-one-can-defeat devastator, not before.

Well, I tried to take 'em early the second time around. The first time around I bunkered up plenty and found absolutely no opportunity to strike out against the Sietches for one reason or another. The match was over before Copec increased his production or got the delivery of Devastators. I used the Devastator we had to start with as covering fire for taking out two of the Sietches, I didn't lose it and I kept massing units in my base but for some reason Copec just wouldn't let up on the east flank. The modified map file turned out a LOT better for me! If you give it a try, I'd love to hear what you think of the changes.

Speaking of changes, I literally just finished making some changes to H5V1. The zip in the WIP thread containing the 9 Harkonnen maps done so far was updated moments ago. Hopefully, the new version of the map is a little more comfy.

Edited by Fey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Fey said:

That makes sense.

Yes, just read how angry the baron it's because you attacked the Emperor, it's almost suicide. In fact, the next mission it's set so you win or your fail... doesn't matter, both incomes will satisfy the Emperor (not even the Baron contrary the wish of the Emperor). 

14 minutes ago, Fey said:

Dang it, RNG!

I remember I make the Ordos to have an "attack building streng" to 100, so everyone attack when it's their time, but then too many units go against the player. With the current number if the Atreides and mercenaries are in their way to attack you, Ordos will wait, so yes, was a bit the RNG.

14 minutes ago, Fey said:

I only scouted around my immediate area, so I have absolutely no idea how that happened. Maybe it was like MAP02 in Domaithianus' Ordos campaign?

I don't think so. The left and right areas are not connected, so if you don't go to the other area of the middle mountain you are no near the enemy base.

14 minutes ago, Fey said:

The match was over before Copec increased his production or got the delivery of Devastators

How, you are so fast XD. The enemy increase the production (although the big deal it's they slow the intervals between attacks to) at 15 minutes (normal speed, of course), by that time the 4 sietchs are there.

The devastators it's more like a "well, time it's up, did you finish the other stuff? because when the 10 devastators arrive you are suppose to paid attention only to your front, because dealing with a huge force but still having a few attacks from the back will kill you out.

I always face the devastators, maybe not at my base but in the middle of the map, but to me take me a lot of time just to destroy the sietchs.

In fact, the harder part to me it's not protecting my base (which it's not easy either) but protecting my harversters. I let them go wherever they want, and when the enemy start attacking or killing them I move then into a safe area (I mean when they go over the mountain and get attacked by the enemy units, or to the left and got attacked by the turrets of the left).

By the way, What happen to you in the mission 5? The Ordos maintain their position or they send everybody into a 1 all-in attack? just want to know, because I see both things happening.

14 minutes ago, Fey said:

Speaking of changes, I literally just finished making some changes to H5V1. The zip in the WIP thread containing the 9 Harkonnen maps done so far was updated moments ago. Hopefully, the new version of the map is a little more comfy.

Sure.

Edited by Cm_blast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cm_blast said:

I remember I make the Ordos to have an "attack building streng" to 100, so everyone attack when it's their time, but then too many units go against the player. With the current number if the Atreides and mercenaries are in their way to attack you, Ordos will wait, so yes, was a bit the RNG.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

4 minutes ago, Cm_blast said:

I don't think so. The left and right areas are not connected, so if you don't go to the other area of the middle mountain you are no near the enemy base.

Maybe there was an AI derp and it went into overdrive lol

4 minutes ago, Cm_blast said:

How, you are so fast XD. The enemy increase the production (although the big deal it's they slow the intervals between attacks to) at 15 minutes (normal speed, of course), by that time the 4 sietchs are there.

The devastators it's more like a "well, time it's up, did you finish the other stuff? because when the 10 devastators arrive you are suppose to paid attention only to your front, because dealing with a huge force but still having a few attacks from the back will kill you out.

I always face the devastators, maybe not at my base but in the middle of the map, but to me take me a lot of time just to destroy the sietchs.

In fact, the harder part to me it's not protecting my base (which it's not easy either) but protecting my harversters. I let them go wherever they want, and when the enemy start attacking or killing them I move then into a safe area (I mean when they go over the mountain and get attacked by the enemy units, or to the left and got attacked by the turrets of the left).

Oh no, I meant it was over for ME before he got that reinforcement. I lost because he sent a huge force really quick, and only after I checked the triggers did I realize that was meant to happen later in the map. I don't think it happened early, but... I don't see how he would have built all that up so early, either. It's puzzling.

The next time around, on the revised version I posted under the spoiler, things proceeded totally normally throughout the map.

4 minutes ago, Cm_blast said:

By the way, What happen to you in the mission 5? The Ordos maintain their position or they send everybody into a 1 all-in attack? just want to know, because I see both things happening.

They maintained their position until I came up and destroyed all their stuff. And then the base fell reeeeally quick after that.

Edited by Fey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Fey said:

Oh no, I meant it was over for ME before he got that reinforcement. I lost because he sent a huge force really quick, and only after I checked the triggers did I realize that was meant to happen later in the map. I don't think it happened early, but... I don't see how he would have built all that up so early, either. It's puzzling.

Oh, I don't know. Maybe at the AI used the starport with a combat tank, a missile tank and a siege tank early (available from the beggining), and then another 2 tanks become available on the starport or something like that. I think the enemy build 1 or 2 units used to defend the base before the "units to attack the enemy". Who knows.

7 hours ago, Fey said:

They maintained their position until I came up and destroyed all their stuff. And then the base fell reeeeally quick after that.

Ok, good to know. I know that once you take the middle thing the rest it's really easy and you barely need units to win. Destroying the carryalls avoid future enemy reinforcements, but the Ordos don't even use the emergency build state so pretty easy.

By the way. If you can test my other map, the Battle Royal with Atreides and the new ally. I hope the map it's challenge/hard but with an ally AI giving some distraction (although they might need protection too) the map now it's not impossible. I know for sure that once the map it's fully tested I'll do the rest (and write the briefing better with the new info).

Pd: I don't know if you looked into the fifth map (with the editor), I went crazy doing mountains into mountains into mountains xD.

Edited by Cm_blast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That makes sense. And then they massed some Devastators from the Factory alongside the Starport, and there you go, their first attack is suddenly scary. XD

I'll be checking that out when I can, for sure!

The only map I opened was level 8 because... you know. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/10/2017 at 10:30 AM, Cm_blast said:

Historia :
El gran barón Rakan Harkonnen ha estado gobernando a Dune durante años, pero ahora algunos enemigos menores han estado apareciendo en áreas supuestamente limpias. Este es el momento perfecto para llamar a sus dos hijos: Gunseng y Copec. Ambos carecen de experiencia militar, por lo que el Barón los enviará a luchar contra esos enemigos débiles, lo que les dará cierta experiencia en el combate real. 

Gunseng, controlado por el jugador, luchará junto a su hermano para realizar todas las tareas que su padre ha planeado para ustedes dos. Compartiendo recursos al principio, pero luego se vuelven lo suficientemente fuertes como para no necesitar constantemente el uno del otro. ¿Pueden esos dos hijos complacer a su padre? 

Si que te las ingenias para crear una buena historia. :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Fey said:

I'll be checking that out when I can, for sure!

Thanks, good luck with that.

14 hours ago, Fey said:

The only map I opened was level 8 because... you know. :P

Open mission 5. I mess that map a lot xD.

12 hours ago, Luisito Eb said:

Si que te las ingenias para crear una buena historia. :laugh:

This it's nothing compared to the Fey's campaigns. Take my plot, triple it, and that's the briefing... for mission 1! (there are other briefing as long as that for mission 2 to 9).

Edited by Cm_blast
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cm_blast said:

Open mission 5. I mess that map a lot xD.

Omg lol it's pretty but I didn't see any of it since the map was over before I brought any units into those side areas XD

1 hour ago, Cm_blast said:

This it's nothing compared to the Fey's campaigns. Take my plot, triple it, and that's the briefing... for mission 1! (there are other briefing as long as that for mission 2 to 9).

:happy: Aww, shucks. Hey, this campaign was fantastic! I'm a little too verbose, I think ^^ And you produce WAY more stuff than I do lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Fey said:

Omg lol it's pretty but I didn't see any of it since the map was over before I brought any units into those side areas XD

Yeah. I went crazy creating things than player hardly will see. I create that map to be hard to navigate for everyone (so the carryalls only can land in the "clearest" area available). Also I make sure that the Ordos don't builld carryalls so players don't get confused with the ones in the middle.

5 hours ago, Fey said:

And you produce WAY more stuff than I do lol

And if Tibed wasn't that limited I would like to create an Ix campaign where the enemy use overpowered units against the player (and allies). Not just giving a combat tank that last more than a devastator, but doing some hybrid with the body of the combat tank and the double canon of the quads giving them a "new overpowered unit" or something like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That sounds really epic. Haven't you already made custom tanks though? Like, in your profile image?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Fey said:

That sounds really epic. Haven't you already made custom tanks though? Like, in your profile image?

The body and the canon of the Combat tank and the siege tank are two separated parts. You can see those tanks rotating his canon to attack (The siege tanks can rotate it too, sometimes happen).

However the rest of the units are a single part, you can't place the Devastator canons on top of the body part of the combat tank.

So I only manage to create the "Ixian Combat tank" which use the Body part of the Ordos Combat tank and the canon of the Harkonnen tank (which it's not really a big change). Also I remember using the body part of the Siege tanks and place on top the canon of the Ordos combat tank. The result have resemblance with the Combat Tank from the Dune 2 pc game.

My profile it's just a montage done with photoshop. Dune 2 units placed at the entrance of a Dune 2000 factory. I don't know how to change the visuals to the game so much.

However, there were people in the past that were able to do it, check this old post:
https://forum.dune2k.com/topic/25963-release-dune-2000-resource-editor/

Edited by Cm_blast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, I see! Aha, yeah, I've read this thread. I guess I could try my hand at some of this sometime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...