Jump to content
Nobita

Too much deliveries error

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone !

I don't know if there were previous discussions about this topic on the forum, forgive me if it's the case.

I was playing a map on dune 2000 (as the Emperor), when the game crashed. It showed me this error : "Too much deliveries : pGameTicks=208000"

I came accross the same issue while playing the Survival Mod, and I must say it's quite boring. I've roamed through my .ini files, looking for a number to change, but didn't find anything.

Can anybody help me ?

Best,

Melchior.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is due to a trigger error, doesn't have anything to do with the ini files. It's a mission scripting problem, so unless you know mission editing to fix it yourself, the only solution would be to contact the authors about it and hope for a fix on their side 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2016 at 11:43 AM, Nobita said:

Hi everyone !

I don't know if there were previous discussions about this topic on the forum, forgive me if it's the case.

I was playing a map on dune 2000 (as the Emperor), when the game crashed. It showed me this error : "Too much deliveries : pGameTicks=208000"

I came accross the same issue while playing the Survival Mod, and I must say it's quite boring. I've roamed through my .ini files, looking for a number to change, but didn't find anything.

Can anybody help me ?

Best,

Melchior.

When did it happen in survival?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Gruntlord6 said:

When did it happen in survival?

I didn't play the survival, I just tried the level a bit, over 15-20 mins or so (real time, not with max speed), so I can't said I saw the error by myself.

However, I have to ask. All the reinforcementes there (%7500) are accumulative or the new waves reemplace some of the old ones?

If is the first case, maybe is possible to encounter that error. I found it myself doing my butlerian campaign. In a defensive map 20 reinforcements at the same time (20 different events) make the game crash. I changed it to a interval to drop 10 and then the others 10 with a 40 secs of difference.

Maybe this happen (the error) only with a old version of gruntmod?

Edited by Cm_blast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Cm_blast said:

I didn't play the survival, I just tried the level a bit, over 15-20 mins or so (real time, not with max speed), so I can't said I saw the error by myself.

However, I have to ask. All the reinforcementes there (%7500) are accumulative or the new waves reemplace some of the old ones?

If is the first case, maybe is possible to encounter that error. I found it myself doing my butlerian campaign. In a defensive map 20 reinforcements at the same time (20 different events) make the game crash. I changed it to a interval to drop 10 and then the others 10 with a 40 secs of difference.

Maybe this happen (the error) only with a old version of gruntmod?

No, it can happen in any version, and yes that's the cause of it normally (in Rise of the Mercenaries Mission 1 I use the same trigger multiple times which is what caused that error in that instance).
I just haven't heard of any issues in Survival for a long time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

When did it happen in survival?

I started after, I would say a dozen of enemy waves after the game started. Like Fedaykin said, the multiple accumulative triggers thing must be responsable for the crash issues.

One question about that : is it because there are too many reinforcements all at the same time, that the game crashes ? Or is it because there are just too many units on the map ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

too many deliveries is caused by too much carryal  reinforcements at same time . 

Nuclear_harvester, thanks for your reply !

The fact is in my case, I modified some .ini files to increase the max amount of spice the harvesters can get in one go. I did it to make the game more difficult, as I noticed it made the enemy AI produce much more units (so much that their are quickly overloaded !).

Apart from the survival mod, I encountered this problem in an map where I played as the Emperor. And as far as I remember, there were no aerial reinforcements in this map. So I wondered if the delivery crash was caused by the spaceport, or by any new united produced ?

Sorry if I tend to repeat myself... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes there could be too many starport deliveries at a given time. This also gives the error

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nobita said:

Nuclear_harvester, thanks for your reply !

The fact is in my case, I modified some .ini files to increase the max amount of spice the harvesters can get in one go. I did it to make the game more difficult, as I noticed it made the enemy AI produce much more units (so much that their are quickly overloaded !).

There is another way to make it hard. Not only increasing the unit build rate (if possible, maybe the level already has the fastest), but simply changing the initial money to the IA to 9.999.999 credits. He will play for hours without running out of spice (thus not giving the player more spice when harvers).

3 hours ago, Nobita said:

Apart from the survival mod, I encountered this problem in an map where I played as the Emperor. And as far as I remember, there were no aerial reinforcements in this map. So I wondered if the delivery crash was caused by the spaceport, or by any new united produced ?

Could be a event with some missing condition, so repeats itself making the game crash (reinforcement, Starport deliveries, unit spawn...). Is easy placing an event and forget to click on "apply changes", so the event triggers endless.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Sator666 said:

I have the same error message just after destroing enemy's harvester in Mission 1.

Which campaign? The Rise of the mercenaries one?
If so, then don't destroy the enemy harvesters, the script may be wrong and will try to deliver multiples times more harversters instead 1. So just try to avoid attacking the harvesters for now.

Edited by Cm_blast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes. Rise of The mercenaries: Mission1.
I saved the game just before destroing the harvester. And when I load it and destroy the harvester I always get: Mission.cpp: Too many deliveries [ gGameTicks = 49334].
I tried to not destroy any harvester but it is very difficult to win and unfair.

Edited by Sator666

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sator666 said:

Yes. Rise of The mercenaries: Mission1.
I saved the game just before destroing the harvester. And when I load it and destroy the harvester I always get: Mission.cpp: Too many deliveries [ gGameTicks = 49334].
I tried to not destroy any harvester but it is very difficult to win and unfair.

Then yes, gruntlords probably made a mistake while doing the script (reinforcements, messages on screen, etc...), so instead giving a new harverster to the AI, the game try to give them unlimited of them, so the game crash. 

You can either try to play the map on easy, or I can try to send you a small fix that will prevent the game to crash; however; looking at the script the AI it's suppose to get 3 harverters when all are destroyed; so even if the game worked as intented the enemies still will get 3 more harverters, so you won't get the game any easier.

To make this map more beatable, I suggest you to sell buildings not that "strong" and build other instead, for example, sell the barracks or the light factory and build instead a heavy factory.
If you can build a MCV and deploy it on the top area, then sell the Construction Yard and place a refinery or more windtraps or whatever you need/want + a few turrets, since some enemies will drop near that area.

With the heavy factory, the starport and all the reinforcements you get map should be more beatable, you can also try to destroy enemy harversters, but only 1 or 2 from while to while, enough to slow down the enemy but not too many to make it crash (or to give to them 3 harversters for free if I ever send you the fixed version).

I hope that help you.

Edited by Cm_blast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...