Arrakis is too fast

Koen_van_de_Sande

If I play Arrakis on my PII/233, it goes way to fast even if I say I have a PII/266 in setup. Isn't there a way to slow it down?

I'm looking forward too Arrakis 2000! (Can I betatest?)

Are you going to add something like the Rules.ini in Red Alert and Tiberian Sun? This would be really handy: You wouln't have to hard-code all the units!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mustafa

Just say what graphics you need at hte mail adress evrensel@mail.koc.net and the graphics will be delivered soon!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest SiMON

I can help with any 3D graphics that are needed. I use modellers a fair amount. What format should they be in?

At the moment we use 2d images only. PCX should be fine.

There's already somebody working on the interface graphics, but I think we still need graphics for the units.

Stefan, could you tell which units exactly we need?

Guest SiMON

By 3D I mean fake 3D, like in Dune 2, sort of angular birds eye. They are to all intense and purpose 2D but have a 3D look.

I've finally integrated compression into the XIF format. I think we might make some nice progress on Arrakis 2000 soon.

We might also be able to upload the current version, so people can start designing structures and/or units for it.

The XIF format is currently used to store most of the game object data. XIF Editor is still a quite user-unfriendly editor, but it's as powerful as the a text editor is for editing rules.ini from RA and TS.

I run it on a 500MHZ PIII, 128MB RAM, it works fine! Can I Beta Test Arrakis 2000?

I've uploaded the current version somewhere. You can't test that much, just see how it's progressing. You can find the link in another thread.