_PRAC.MIS skirmish AI

Feda

The skirmish/LAN AI seems to be the atreides side in _PRAC.mis. I tried changing stuff, unknown bytes, hoping that I could make them build faster and/or from both light and heavy factories at the same time. Tried the things mentioned in THIS post, but I couldn't really see a notable difference. I did change byte 3 from 1 to 0, and they no longer built anything, just deployed MCV and moved the starting units, so changing this file does affect the AI, but for whatever reasons those changed bytes didn't seem to help. Anyone else tried this? Does someone have some time to test some of the bytes? A better skirmish/LAN AI would be quite nice. Thanks.

I saw that the AI stops production when he is under 2500 credits, the only thing he would build are harvesters or crucial buildings (for example wind trap if he's low on power) or rebuilding a lost structure. I modified Habb erg II, added an Atreides AI (i changed some bytes, so it's custom) vs a Fremen AI (the basic Westwood skirmish AI). The player is Atreides, so his base is controlled by AI (which helps to see what AI is doing and how it was scripted). The Atreides AI managed to kill enemy in 3 big attacks, but the first attack had a lot more units than the enemy had in base; it literally was over after he first attack, but Turrets & other andom crap + AI's bad unit control required 3 attacks to totally end the enemy. So those bytes that sandworm suggested may have done something in AIs behavior, can someone else check this mission and confirm what i said? 

If you wanna test it, just make sure your AI's engineer won't capture enemy Conyard, and same with your own ConYard, don't let it be captured. You can select maximum one unit while your base is under AI control, so just use a trike or whatever to kill engineers and set your engineer to walk somewhere in the enemy base so he can get killed.

I believe that skirmish AI/LAN AI starts with some sort of cash bonus, because this mission has 7000 for both AIs and they were building slower than in skirmish (because of the 2500 credit limit that I mentioned above). You can give them more money if u want them to build faster. Thanks for the help, for those who will join this :)

A9V1.zip

The skirmish/LAN AI seems to be the atreides side in _PRAC.mis. I tried changing stuff, unknown bytes, hoping that I could make them build faster and/or from both light and heavy factories at the same time. Tried the things mentioned in THIS post, but I couldn't really see a notable difference. I did change byte 3 from 1 to 0, and they no longer built anything, just deployed MCV and moved the starting units, so changing this file does affect the AI, but for whatever reasons those changed bytes didn't seem to help. Anyone else tried this? Does someone have some time to test some of the bytes? A better skirmish/LAN AI would be quite nice. Thanks.

try use my AI

just give him a lot of money because he produce units very fast

my AI will be a great enemy :D

I stopped D2K modding.

my PC need reinstall....

maybe I will return in February

-----------------------------------------

Alright just don't ask us to join some shitty games in exchange for your modding again man :D

• Upvote 1

I will return faster if you give me a forum member title :D

(The Demon Of Light)

SCM about my samp admin things...//I skipped opcodes//

//---//---//---//---//---//---//---//---//---//

name thread 'BACK'

:BACK_1

if

$LUMINAR_IS_SAMP_ADMIN == 1

jump if false @BACK_2

wait 0 ms

jump @BACK_3

:BACK_2

wait 0 ms

jump @RETURN_TO_D2K

:BACK_3

wait 0 ms

jump @PLAY_SAMP_AND_RETURN_TO_D2K_LATER

Well your 1.misai (the best one) just lost against original AI :D i added your Ai to the mission i posted here and gave them 25k starting money, in the final they got their ass spanked by the fremen original skirmish AI

let me experiment with   prac.mis file

just waht to edit , what sections maybe i find the way just need know where to begin

use the mission editor 4.0 preview to edit AI segments

I wouldnt mind it having unlimited resources (only way to make AI useful IMO), but in skirmish or multiplayer you can't give them unlimited resources, so make it work good under those circumstances luminar

use the mission editor 4.0 preview to edit AI segments

I wouldnt mind it having unlimited resources (only way to make AI useful IMO), but in skirmish or multiplayer you can't give them unlimited resources, so make it work good under those circumstances luminar

you can give unlimited resources in skirmish too.look at my last projects.use my .uil files and you will find other mods by me.you must put my screens in the right place too.........

//----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------//

- new backgrounds in menus

- listen music in main menu

- new colours for practice/skirmish (fremen,Ix,black,and buggy colours)

- you can give unlimited money in practice

//----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------//

I think that's all....I ALREADY MADE EPIC THINGS IN D2K !!!

you can give unlimited resources in skirmish too.look at my last projects.use my .uil files and you will find other mods by me.you must put my screens in the right place too.........

- new backgrounds in menus

- listen music in main menu

- new colours for practice/skirmish (fremen,Ix,black,and buggy colours)

- you can give unlimited money in practice

I think that's all....I ALREADY MADE EPIC THINGS IN D2K !!!

Dude, it's hard to understand that I want a good AI that works with original settings? It's for multiplayer.. Having unlimited money, be it practice or multiplayer, is bullshit as there is no challenge. And those u mentioned can be done rather easily actually, just few minor edits in the .uil files. When I'm talking about skirmish AI, i'm referring to the multiplayer AI too, if I didnt make that clear till now, and mostly thats where I'm aiming at: making an AI that will be worth playing in a Comp Stomp mode (humans vs AI)

Dude, it's hard to understand that I want a good AI that works with original settings? It's for multiplayer.. Having unlimited money, be it practice or multiplayer, is bullshit as there is no challenge. And those u mentioned can be done rather easily actually, just few minor edits in the .uil files. When I'm talking about skirmish AI, i'm referring to the multiplayer AI too, if I didnt make that clear till now, and mostly thats where I'm aiming at: making an AI that will be worth playing in a Comp Stomp mode (humans vs AI)

I feel like he only comes here to brag, regardless of the actual size of his accomplishments.

• Upvote 1