Release: Dune 2000 Rise of the Mercenaries Demo

Gruntlord6

yes , a  huge fleet of carryals   spam the map and soon or sooner error ccomes up.    there must be something to   allow limited amount of carryals to come not hordes. and notthing stop the carryal coming up.

Exactly, I've seen the game handle hundred of carryalls before crashing. I'm at a loss as to why he is the only one who gets this error, so I am trying to figure out if he has something unique in his installation. Personally, I've tested on 2 physical machines and 1 virtual, and have not received the error.

Every time I got that error, it was caused by the game sending INFINITE carryal drops. That happens because of the condition. The best way to explain this is through examples:

So lets say I wanna have reinforcements after I kill emperor palace. If the only condition i put is "BuildingExists = checked", the game will send infinite carryals because theres nothing to tell it to stop. Also it sends them all at the same time which causes the crash. Thats why in that situation I'd need to use "SetCondition" event and a DummyCondition to make it stop once one drop has occured.

If u want a drop as soon as the game starts, putting "Timer=1" is enough since the timer variable will increase instantly and the reinforcements wont be spammed because the event doesnt meet the requirements anymore.

Ill try to look at your specific error when I get time but before try what I told u: using SetCondition and DummyCondition

Yea, I've gotten pretty good at setting dummy conditions, you should see the logic involved in survival mode ;)

Just to clarify: I did not use any other mods. It is a clean Gruntmods Edition.

I've never seen that error for anything other then infinite carryalls, and it seems like its an issue isolated issue that I cannot reproduce (despite trying on several machines).

Can you give me your system specs? Did you perhaps change the speed setting? (unlikely to be the issue, but I'm at a loss as to what the issue is.)

Played again (new game-not saved) from same installation folder (didn't install again) under Xubuntu 12.04.3 LTS. Destroyed only some buildings prior to their turning against me. Again crashed.

If you play with the speed at max, does it still happen? Since you didn't try re-installing, can you try that? It should take less then a minute.

How is it that it crashes on all PC's but not mine??

Not that i want the demo to crash but why didnt it??

It only crashes on his, no one else has told me about any issues at all. Both on this topic and the users who email me for support have not had any issues they have made me aware of.

You may ignore the ruining of the display as it may not be a direct fault of the crash but a side effect, as I as running the game with Wine on Linux and in full screen of course.

Now someone might say that I may have faulty hardware (or overclocked too much and is unstable), but provided that the crash happens on the same time of the game under different operating system IMO can exclude hardware issues.

You may ignore the ruining of the display as it may not be a direct fault of the crash but a side effect, as I as running the game with Wine on Linux and in full screen of course.

Now someone might say that I may have faulty hardware (or overclocked too much and is unstable), but provided that the crash happens on the same time of the game under different operating system IMO can exclude hardware issues.

Actually I would say that would make the hardware issue more suspect, as older games are more directly influenced by these things.

Mission 1 worked for me as well. I mean all of it. Played at max speed as always.

I got this error too when I made the Harkonnen mission from Feda's dune extended. It is the conditions I think, but I had more problems not having the drops to come. Still I don't understand why for me and others the mission works...

When I have time I will try it on another PC (Currently not recommended to bug test there as I have to change drivers to it as I changed the Motherboard).

Question: Will installation mess with vanilla Dune2000 already installed?

Does it share anything in the registry?

When I have time I will try it on another PC (Currently not recommended to bug test there as I have to change drivers to it as I changed the Motherboard).

Question: Will installation mess with vanilla Dune2000 already installed?

Does it share anything in the registry?

It uses its own registry keys totaling at about 9.

These keys present the information displayed in control panel for installed programs, as well as the version number. It can be installed alongside the CD version because of this.

• Upvote 1

Tried to make a custom resolution with nvidia panel tools but it didn't work. I will have a try on another PC when time allows to configure it. Hmm I also have a WinMe installation on yet another ancient PC but I guess your installer won't work there, not to mention .NET stuff.

Tried to make a custom resolution with nvidia panel tools but it didn't work. I will have a try on another PC when time allows to configure it. Hmm I also have a WinMe installation on yet another ancient PC but I guess your installer won't work there, not to mention .NET stuff.

The installer would run, although I am not sure if anything .net related would (like the game launcher).