General mod - help me; TS-Third side

vidiware

Hey, can someone make a guide how to make a mod???

I really like you and i want to make my own ;D

A third side in TS can be found a guide how to make in the TS/RA2 development pages.

I have 10min exp from RA2 and TS

Please Help me! :'( ::)

Thanx for the tips, i can look at some mods!!!

I found a guide at a RA2/TS zite that contained information how to make a third side in TibSun ;D

Can it be useful to cool modders??? ::)

I can always try to mail you the tutorial!!

Please reply!!!

• 3 months later...

I have another way. I think.

To explain, I'll use an example I've been working on of adding Cabal to TS. The idea is that instead of adding sides, you need only to add tech trees.

Clone the MCV three times - GMCV, NMCV and QMCV (I use q for cabal since c is for civ). Clone the Conyard three times, to acheive GANESS, NANESS, and QANESS. I have imaginaively neames them GDI-ness, Nod-ness and Cabal-ness. These are the bases for your tech tree; remove from the the ability to construct buildings. GMCV should deploy into GANESS etc.

Now, in the houses entries, you need to add nothing. You should stop Nod from playing in mulltiplayer, and rename GDI's display name as "Random". Make ALL structures and units that you want to be available to the player buildable by GDI at least, but allow only common units (E1, maybe engineers) and the new MCVs to start in multiplayer.

Now, copy all the facilities like power plants, war factories, and radar to the new side. Ensure that most of them require QANESS, and that the equivalent GDI buildings require GANESS, and Nod, NANESS.

Make a few units and try playing the game... note that in testing, you can choose to have 10 units and so test all the tech trees at once, or you can start with 2 units, and play with only one side, as ou would in the real game. You'll want to redo the art of the new pseudo-mcvs, of course, so the mod looks more decent, but the main problem is the AI. It can't handle deploying the new mcvs. I'm looking into an AI.ini fix, so bear with me.