DuneHack Sega Mega Drive

Ti_

A 'romhack' of a Sega Mega drive version. 

current version: DuneHack (-Re) Build _r53

It's a not complete hack, no new missions included.  But it's a some 'base' for creating new campaings.

Main difference:

+ Units and Buildings limits increased up to 127.  (102 ground)

+ Extra build with map size increased to 128x128.

+ Reinforcements - currently up to 55 + no more included in global limits.

+ Support sardaukar house.

+ Support fremen house:  fremen and atreides allies; fremen special weapon - creates 5 worms on map.

+ Many changes in code. (changelog not created and I don't rememeber them all)

+ Worms and saboteurs can be controllable and can be buyed from starport - icons added; also no limited to 3.

+ Some improvements in AI.

+ Some bugfixes and minor balance change.

+ New features (like spice fields regenerating, new win/lose, new reinforcements abitilites).

New Editor for Maps and Missions - DuneAMC. 

Can be downloaded here:

http://www.emu-land.net/forum/index.php/topic,16864.2700.html

If someone is interested I can try to write full changelog.  We also glad to see map-makers who want to create their own campaings for this hack.

• Upvote 2

Huh, won't the sandworms bought from the starport get stuck on land if the starport isn't right next to sand?

Sure , they will stuck, but it's not a bug because worms cant move on rock surface.  Carryall goes to pick up worms from starport, but that's happens not always... why? I don't know. Need to analyze of code, but that's not priority for now.

Yesterday I tested PC v1.07 release.

Producing Sandworm by WOR and surrounded the structure with Walls, Carryall takes outgoing unit and places it on sand, probably even here there could be a check for placed units by Carryall.

Instead when WOR wasn't surrounded by Walls but surrounded with rock (no next tiles on sand) Sandworm wasn't spawned.

A 'romhack' of a Sega Mega drive version.

current version: DuneHack (-Re) Build _r53

It's a not complete hack, no new missions included. But it's a some 'base' for creating new campaings.

Hey, I haven't checked the Emu-Land forums for quite some time, nice to know the project is still active :D

Producing Sandworm by WOR and surrounded the structure with Walls, Carryall takes outgoing unit and places it on sand, probably even here there could be a check for placed units by Carryall.

That's quite a predictable outcome, I've always thought that it should work that way.

Yes, since you never can place a structure onto a terrain type that units can't be spawned (e.g. Light Factory surrounded by high "brown" rock where only infantry can move there). The exception is a structure surrounded by other structures or walls, that I think there is a specific function for that case to activate Carryall.