New Idea for mod....

darkmage

I was just playing dune 2000 when the thought came to me... why not make some new Turrets for base defense? the Atreides could have a sonic turret, the Harkonnen a Devastator plasma cannon turret, and the Ordos could have a subverter turret.

I haven't even seen this yet... (stupid vidcard yes it's gone screwed again. ) I have talked my parents into getting a geforce2 64mb card, so emperor should run MUCH better. as soon as that's installed... i'll be modding. have you tried to make a new weapon entry. Actually.... has anyone tried to get westwood to make a new patch? when descent 3 came out. the final patch made was for modding, it allowed users to add upto 10 ships from the usual 4. if westwood could make a 1.1 patch that would let us put in new units, tilesets, buildings, weapons, etc we could mod emperor into practically ANYTHING!.

what you could do to make them weaker without making the sonic tank or devastator weaker is...

you would copy the attributes of the sonic tank gun, paste them below it, change the name to sonicturretgun, copy sound_b, paste it below it and rename it to soundt_b, then copy the attributes from sound_w, paste them below it, and rename to soundt_w. Place all of these name is the declaration section. Then go to the artini.txt reference. Scroll down until you find bullet attributes. Once your there look for this.

[sound_B]

Xaf = "Lsonic.xaf"

copy that, and paste it underneath it, renaming it to soundt_b.

That should do it, thats what I used on my Maros mod to change the damage.

Hope that helps,

Frodo