Can't record Dune 2000!

Hello,

I can't record Dune 2000 :// I use Fraps and if I press InGame the record hotkey Fraps start recording, but it only record the sound and not the video... ://

I run Win8 with 64Bit... I don't know, what should I do... I only want to make a walkthrough of my Fremen Campaign :// pls help me ):

I hope, I posted this topic in the right therad (=

Darlax~

I tested Fraps with following games:

Need for Speed World - works perfect without problems

Combat Arms - works perfect without problems

World of Tanks - works perfect without problems

Plants vs Zombies - works perfect without problems

Only Dune 2000 don't get recorded ://

Darlax~

hm... dune is a real old game...

in my pc win7 x86 bit fraps works fine and I can record both sound and video...

either fraps,dune,win8 is not a gr8 combination or the fraps you got might not be compatible with dune...

it's kinda sad tht win8 is not supporting some stuff....

I know... Win8 sucks... I want Win7 back, but it's very difficult to delete Win8 -.-" Hmmm... Do you know other recording programms ? (without Camtasia, tested it too... Only recording my desktop (no programms, no games, NOTHING ._.))

Darlax~

I know... Win8 sucks... I want Win7 back, but it's very difficult to delete Win8 -.-" Hmmm... Do you know other recording programms ? (without Camtasia, tested it too... Only recording my desktop (no programms, no games, NOTHING ._.))

Darlax~

Hard to get rid of 8? lol, just install windows and format the C:\ drive or where you have installed 8 ;)

I use Bandicam for my vids , works perfectly. Don't know if it works on Win8 though.

The problem is that... If I formate the drive, where Win8 is installed I can't install Win7... When I insert the Win7 CD on a empty drive, in the boot is nothing to run the CD... That's is the problem... Installing Win7 while Win8 is installed is not possible... Or, I didn't find any video how to do that... It would be possible, if I have a cracked Win7 on a USB... But, my opperating system on my new computer should be legally... xD I'm aware of computer, but Win8 is an operating system which concept is programmed that you simply can't get rid of it... Win8 only sucks... -.- It's the worst system I've ever seen ._."

Bandicam just downloaded... Now testing... (;

Darlax~

Tested... Not working :// Uploading now to videos on YouTube to show you, that Dune wont get recorded xD 

Sorry for my desktop chaos :'D But Win8 does not allowed that the Mission/Map Editor open a file on the C:\ drive -.-

Darlax~

it's freely available.... as it's licence allows it... try downloading an iso and burn it into a dvd... if you can torrent it the better.... best linux would be ubuntu.... when using it boot pc into cd.... when the ubuntu menu pops up choose use linux without installing.... but before you do format have a copy of all your win7 drivers for your pc.... format ur drive when inside ubuntu and then if you got a win7 disc use it to install... also before doing any of these see if win7 can be installed in the pc....

How about you try win 98 or XP then? It is in my opinion both still the best windows out there.

If win 98 or XP succeeds, then installing win 7 would be no problem afterwards. Given that you keep win 98 or XP.

Another suggestion is to make 2 parties on your hard disk, 1 keeps win 8, the other one you install win 7, XP or win 98. When you start your computer, you will be given a choice by the computer. And if correct the computer will remember this choice for the future.

Why did you get a computer with win 8 anyway? If you are a gamer, you should have gotten win 7 or XP. Both still get updates from the internet.

• Upvote 1

Windows 98 as the only operating system of a machine nowadays is not recommended, but if u get XP or 7 as well win98 can help you run older progs that have compatibility issues. The easiest way to get Windows 98 though is via a Virtual PC.

Yeah, I really love win98, too bad it was kinda intended to crash so much, otherwise it was a good OS. XP is probably the best when it comes to playing older games for Win32, and 98 rulz when u wanna play DOS games. 

Win 98 never ever crashed on my watch.

And it depends on which site's you visit. If you get things on your computer, win 98 is indeed outdated to fight this.

Perhaps you should get a 32 bit or lower emulator for playing and recording dune2000. Of course there are dune2000 versions out there that are playable now on 64 bit. But the same matters for recorders. Perhaps the 64 bit can't record a 64 bit game that is in truth 32 bit or lower. Something like that. I can't explain properly, but I hope you get the point.

So best way would be, get a emulator where both the recorder and the game work on. Have fun?

Win 98 never ever crashed on my watch.

And it depends on which site's you visit. If you get things on your computer, win 98 is indeed outdated to fight this.

Perhaps you should get a 32 bit or lower emulator for playing and recording dune2000. Of course there are dune2000 versions out there that are playable now on 64 bit. But the same matters for recorders. Perhaps the 64 bit can't record a 64 bit game that is in truth 32 bit or lower. Something like that. I can't explain properly, but I hope you get the point.

So best way would be, get a emulator where both the recorder and the game work on. Have fun?

It hasn't crashed for me as well, but I searched some time ago the net about Win 98 and most ppl were complaining about crashes. Don't forget that public event where Microsoft was trying to show their Plug-n-Play improved support and Win 98 got a BSOD in front of Bill Gates' eyes xD

• Upvote 2