OpenRA Dune2000 mode gameplay - small review using my own opinions

Feda

Hey guys, ppl on YouTube requested me to post gameplay of openRA d2k mod and say what i think about it and I just did it. I thought it would be good if i shared it here too, so the guys who haven't tried that mod yet can see how it is & download it if they like. Would like to see opinions guys, and I will also post a multiplayer match ( with human players soon).

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I like the fact that you play C&Cdawn music :D

"we have one enemy over here. Actually, that's an ally. O crap!" Made me laugh :D

Even though you are explaining, you explain properly, comment properly, don't talk bullshit like others, and your video is nice to watch compared to others.

- Spice balooms not exploding, is good.

- Spice growing like tiberian, is good.

- Those locations can now be dominated if you ask me ;) is very very good.

- Multi producing, is good.

- Lag, to bad, but acceptable. How come it lags?

- Move harverster, MOVE! They should put that on auto search. It's not a bug, since it's not created yet though.

- Buildings should explore something. Or a bit more to the north?

- Infantry more range then vision? But still firing anyway. Now that's a major bug.

- Turret weak against infantry? Well, that's a good thing in my opinion. Siege become more useful. Or is the damage not modified?

- Turret weak against aircraft? They better could say that the turret targets ground units only, which is weak against infantry. Or better yet, strong against vehicles and tanks. Just like in SC2.

- Vision on quad is HUGE!

- Harvester comes out of the Light Factory. That's a bug :D

- Rally points, is good.

- Income for killing units, not good. It should be an option but not a default. If you are winning, that should be enough victory. And you say that later on as well. And it's also waaaay to much.

- Missile Tank, anti infantry, only ok if they put in a rocket tank. Or is the siege tank going to be anti vehicle now?

- Siege Tank, huge range, huray. So I guess, Quad for vision, Missile tank long range, siege tank extreme range. They need to fix behaviour on vision.

- Independent turret movement on the siege tank, is good.

- Siege tank OP, not good, NOT GOOD. By the looks, damage should be reduced by a factor 3?, or cool down increased by a factor, 4? Something like that.

- Is there any AI?

Great video. Next weak I have some time, might try it out.

Do you live in Europe?

Thank you for the nice words & glad you enjoy it. :)

The lag is kinda related to the recording process i think. It is fine otherwise.

The unit control is bad, idk how to explain, but u will feel it when you play

Quads: totally agree. Not to mention that quads outrange inf alot and combined with their speed makes them good vs inf when they shouldnt be.

Yes i live in europe, I suggest to join hamachi (network in signature) i am there pretty much every day. So we can arrange some matches :D we can even get 2v2 if other friends who play openra are available.

Theres only 1 AI type so far, but openra is HIGHLY moddable, if u have time and knowledge you can improve it or create your own. Also unit statistics can be changed easily. If aqib will fail on his engine he should try this :)

• 2 weeks later...
well, it looks strange ;s siege tanks are for sure op so i can even imagine devs of hark ^.^ everything is so similar to red alert ;s

The main purpose is to remove the mindless unit spam that dune2k has... (talking about multiplayer). They want to add new tactics, different build orders, something different than clicking 3 units the entire match. However i dont know if they will ever make it good, I do admit it lacks lots of stuff but the fact it stops spamming its a +1 for me :)