[RELEASE] New Atreides Campaign

Feda

MVI did u look at this ?

Anyway I decided to continue the campaign. It's not a deadly bug :) but this time I think that I'm working alone.. And that is not very easy for a MADE-FROM-SCRATCH campaign so guys, be patient :)

Maybe because it was at the beginning of the game. If u have a pre-placed starport at start it'll take a while to let u order everything.. But what about the other bug? Did it work for u no matter the dif. level is?

Sure sand.. I'll like ur help :) Its kinda a bug or something like that.. And it's related to the difficulty level (as I wrote above). I didnt encounter this when creating Atreides campaign and I used the same empty .mis file.. Thats freakin' weird :D

Yeah, very good about Atreides Campaign i played and its so cool. Good Job.

Thanks man. First time I was surprised to see my own picture :D But man your signature ... Change it :) cuz Dune 2000 Lobby is MY network not ur's and also the same for the campaign

Ms, dar schimba te rog descrierea, sunt chestiile mele.. poti sa scrii langa ele ca sunt facute de mine daca vrei sa le tii :) si te astept online pe hamachi

• 3 weeks later...

For the moment I was working on a patch that will balance the three Houses, because in the original version an Ordos player won't stand a chance against a good Atreides one. Also, I want to improve Harkonnen's Devas (their range) a bit, in order to put up some threat to atr sonics which always kill everything if are well placed. In other words, I wanna balance the game. (I am talking about multiplayer matches). So probably it wont come soon, but I was thinking about a Mercenary campaign instead of the Hark one.. Will be more interesting :) What do u think? I should make the mercenary one first? Awaiting opinions guys :D

• 2 weeks later...

So feda have you worked at the one of this campaigns?

Sorry man I am just too lazy for this :D and I started to play C&C: Tiberian Dawn + Dawn OF Tiberium Age online on CnCNet ... Probably I'll work on them in the vacation (and not sooner, that's for sure). Sry :)

• 1 month later...

Feda, I cannot win mission one. I collect 2500 solaris of spice and even kill every single enemy.

And on mission 8, Fremen doesn't have carryall at all? Make them suicide and rebuilding their harvester over and over. Causing them not to build their strength at all. Is it suppose to be like that(for player difficulty) or it is a bug?

Btw, I am a little confuse on finishing the atredies campaign since the 'briefing' is still old one. Btw, great job though. Overall, I am having fun.

You did NOT install it properly. Thats why u see the old briefing :) and about the merc mission, u had another installation promlem.. pay more attention :D

Ok, so , the briefing is located in the file "text.uib" , which must be copied and pasted into <your dune folder>/Data/UI_Data. Then, start atreides and new briwfings will be there.. With this, u can read what u have to do to pass the mission. The first mission does not need you to collect 2500 credits, u must destroy the Smuggler High-Tech and harvest 5000 if I remember well.. Btw, why didn't u read the readme file? :) I gave good instalation instructions there, if u followed all those steps it should work.

About fremens, dunno, maybe I forgot to put Carryals, but I didn;t really notice.. but that shouldnt be such a big problem since fremens have a High-Tech , so they can build carryals , and the spice is close to their base.. So , its not such a big problem :D

And thanks! Glad to see u enjoyed :)

They're not building any carryall. Nevermind, after restart over and over, I can beat the opponent. I thought it was impossible, since it is very hard. Thanks to you, they have two heavy factory. I take one as mine, so they use another factory to build harvester, which they're no longer suicide.

How can I miss the text.uib thing? I finish all the mission with old briefing. Okay, replaced the file. Gonna take short tour on all mission briefing. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Yo

Haven't work on them.. I was kinda busy with school, and honestly, was not in the mood of making them in my spare time :D

I'll probably work on the Mercenary Campaign once the holiday comes. When I do that, I'll let you (and all the rest) know :) [yea sure, i'd like to have u in my testing team]

@Abbassy:

I usually let my allied buildings to be owned by my allies, cuz if I capture them then my ally will be weaker. Being a human is easiier to tech up fast. :D But yes, the way u finished it is ok too, why not? [besides that the fremens were probably raging you :D ]

I don't usually count very much on allied AI, because the dune AI is pretty dumb. They are useful as a distraction, which is very helpful ijn some missions. Dunno if u saw it, but in mission 7 the player is very close to the smugs and ordos, the smugs having lots of reinforcements and 3 of all factories (same ordos). Its not that easy, in early game, to survive. The ally is distracting the mercs and that can be easily be noticed. In my opinion, its a mission where they help me :D but not with brute and overwhelming force , killing all my enemies (which would be lame, cuz they would do all the work.. ) but with "distracting" tactics. :)

Some ppl complain alot about mission 9.. Actually I have never had any problem in that, but mission 7 put me some problems.. I lost it kinda twice on hard (maybe more, not sure). Dunno, but in my opinion the position of mission 7 is the fact that makes it to be hard. In mission 9, having 2 allies is very easily noticed. They go very often to the middle, luring enemy units there, ending in a completly mess. But at least, u are not so frequently attacked. The starting sonic tank should be used wisely. (if I remember well, the sonic is in 7 , 8 and 9, but I might be wrong.. LOL, forgot my own missions :D )

I believe im already a member of the testing team as i has u on msn :3.

Its just school that make it hard for me to pay attention to games lmao

:D

Yo

Haven't work on them.. I was kinda busy with school, and honestly, was not in the mood of making them in my spare time :D

I'll probably work on the Mercenary Campaign once the holiday comes. When I do that, I'll let you (and all the rest) know :) [yea sure, i'd like to have u in my testing team]

@Abbassy:

I usually let my allied buildings to be owned by my allies, cuz if I capture them then my ally will be weaker. Being a human is easiier to tech up fast. :D But yes, the way u finished it is ok too, why not? [besides that the fremens were probably raging you :D ]

I don't usually count very much on allied AI, because the dune AI is pretty dumb. They are useful as a distraction, which is very helpful ijn some missions. Dunno if u saw it, but in mission 7 the player is very close to the smugs and ordos, the smugs having lots of reinforcements and 3 of all factories (same ordos). Its not that easy, in early game, to survive. The ally is distracting the mercs and that can be easily be noticed. In my opinion, its a mission where they help me :D but not with brute and overwhelming force , killing all my enemies (which would be lame, cuz they would do all the work.. ) but with "distracting" tactics. :)

Some ppl complain alot about mission 9.. Actually I have never had any problem in that, but mission 7 put me some problems.. I lost it kinda twice on hard (maybe more, not sure). Dunno, but in my opinion the position of mission 7 is the fact that makes it to be hard. In mission 9, having 2 allies is very easily noticed. They go very often to the middle, luring enemy units there, ending in a completly mess. But at least, u are not so frequently attacked. The starting sonic tank should be used wisely. (if I remember well, the sonic is in 7 , 8 and 9, but I might be wrong.. LOL, forgot my own missions :D )