Some random command line params

mvi

The F and G flags have been mentioned elsewhere, nothing very useful here but I thought I'd post it just in case

-M - Movies Allowed = false

-S - Sound Allowed = false

-N - Skip Intro = true

-8 - 8 Bit Colour = true

-6 - 16 Bit Colour = true

-F - VideoBackBuffer = false

-G - Force 480 = true

The F and G flags have been mentioned elsewhere, nothing very useful here but I thought I'd post it just in case

-M - Movies Allowed = false

-S - Sound Allowed = false

-N - Skip Intro = true

-8 - something = true

-6 - something else = true

-F - VideoBackBuffer = false

-G - Force 480 = true

This is actually useful, gonna use -M :)

the -8 and -6 is setting for 8 or 16bit graphic

an very very old mine discovery . there is toggle stealth mode too and there was also advanced music player if i remember therre was optin to shuffle or repeat, but did not know how to activate it as active is always repeat in skirmish mode ..

There are none of those things, that list is taken directly from the exe.

anyway, anyone understands what exactly the -f command does? i know that in game it makes the game go super fast (depending on the computer performance), back in the day of celeron 500mhz and even on athlon xp it was playable, but now not anymore (core 2 duo), all units dead in 10 seconds of game, refinery builds as fast as a trooper in normal game... i know it may also have something to do with vertical sync on/off (in openGL 2D video card settings)

also i noticed it is not possible to turn on fraps recording while this option is on and dune is running

anyway, anyone understands what exactly the -f command does? i know that in game it makes the game go super fast (depending on the computer performance), back in the day of celeron 500mhz and even on athlon xp it was playable, but now not anymore (core 2 duo), all units dead in 10 seconds of game, refinery builds as fast as a trooper in normal game... i know it may also have something to do with vertical sync on/off (in openGL 2D video card settings)

also i noticed it is not possible to turn on fraps recording while this option is on and dune is running

It sounds like it disables v-sync, so rather than the game being sync'd at 60 frames per second it renders as fast as it can. Since game logic is not frame rate independent (which is fine when it's v-sync'd) it results in it being unplayable on modern PCs as you said. From the manual it sounds like it's use was advised to overcome technical issues on some machines, but with modern hardware I guess that's no longer needed and is not advisable. (The manual is in readme.txt which comes with the game, alternatively you can find it here)

"This message will appear on older video cards that do not support hardware page flipping. To

solve the problem create a shortcut and add the option "-f" to the command line. A shortcut is

created by right clicking on the Dune2000 program icon and selecting "Create Shortcut".

Right click on the shortcut and select "Properties". Click on the end of the "target" line and

add the new command line option."

"If the video display flickers during the game every 20 seconds or so then this can be

prevented by adding "-f" to the command line for Dune 2000. Please refer to 2.1.1 for details

on how to do this"

• 2 weeks later...