Game crashes on multiplayer game startup

Sord213

So recently I've been trying to play dune2k over LAN using hamachi, but whenever I try starting up a server(going to LAN, creating new game, having everyone join and hit ready, then hitting start) the game just crashes to the desktop with no error. I've tried this on two computers, one running both 32bit and 64 bit versions of windows 7, and the other just using 64bit w7. I went through Digit@l's tutorial so all that's set up correctly, it's just the crash on start up.

Like I said I'm running it through hamachi, the LAN stuff is set up properly and one computer is using Nahoo's dune2000 and the other computer(mine) is using the same thing on 64bit and an actual CD version on 32bit. Any help would be appreciated.

So recently I've been trying to play dune2k over LAN using hamachi, but whenever I try starting up a server(going to LAN, creating new game, having everyone join and hit ready, then hitting start) the game just crashes to the desktop with no error. I've tried this on two computers, one running both 32bit and 64 bit versions of windows 7, and the other just using 64bit w7. I went through Digit@l's tutorial so all that's set up correctly, it's just the crash on start up.

Like I said I'm running it through hamachi, the LAN stuff is set up properly and one computer is using Nahoo's dune2000 and the other computer(mine) is using the same thing on 64bit and an actual CD version on 32bit. Any help would be appreciated.

The issue is that both the Gruntmods Edition and the Nahoo version do not come with westwood online internet components. I am releasing a patch for the Gruntmods Edition as soon as the online server is ready, so that way you can finally enjoy online the way it was originally intended.

The issue is that both the Gruntmods Edition and the Nahoo version do not come with westwood online internet components. I am releasing a patch for the Gruntmods Edition as soon as the online server is ready, so that way you can finally enjoy online the way it was originally intended.

Online server? Is there a Dune2k server in progress? I heared about Shaokhan's PvPGN, but it's offline. Are you talking about that one? Or is there another one that is in construction?

But then wouldn't the CD version come with it, or no?

Anyways that sounds really great.

But then wouldn't the CD version come with it, or no?

Anyways that sounds really great.

Right, but which version doesn't install on 64 bit operating systems? (I bet you guessed the CD version :P)

Online server? Is there a Dune2k server in progress? I heared about Shaokhan's PvPGN, but it's offline. Are you talking about that one? Or is there another one that is in construction?

I am making my own PVPGN server, hosted on my VPS.

To Sord213 & others. There is absolutely no need in WOL components, if you are going to play via LAN, using LAN "patch". I guess it's something OS related. If you are using Win7 or Vista, try to disable Desktop Composition. Check game options, whether you & other players are using default 16 bit graphics. Check firewall settings. Put Hamachi & Dune2k in exception.

Read my post. I already uploaded compiled PvPGN v.1.99 server some time ago. So, everyone who know little or nothing about networking & server hosting, may simply host it on virtual machine. Advanced IT users may host it on WinServer.

He talks about LAN, you don't need westwood components for LAN play.

Well I didn't think anyone would be playing on it, so I shut it down as it eats 50% of my CPU and have to disconnect my second PC off internet. If you want I can turn it on when you ask me.

Well I didn't think anyone would be playing on it, so I shut it down as it eats 50% of my CPU and have to disconnect my second PC off internet. If you want I can turn it on when you ask me.

I would play but it would be great if there more ppl will come to play... I understand why you stopped it and yes you're right. But unfortunately a few people still play Dune2k and I'm sure that there are still players who think that online play is not possible and didn't visit this forum yet. Until we get some ppl to play on it I think is no need to open the server again.

I would play but it would be great if there more ppl will come to play... I understand why you stopped it and yes you're right. But unfortunately a few people still play Dune2k and I'm sure that there are still players who think that online play is not possible and didn't visit this forum yet. Until we get some ppl to play on it I think is no need to open the server again.

People won't massively play this because of one thing - there is no tournament going on, no ladders, nothing to compete for, nothing to get motivated for. Some other reasons include bad graphics, no house differences and overall poorly made game with lag in multiplayer and for old players its long boring sonic games and unfixed bugs. Westwood didn't put much effort in this game and many people complain about it in their reviews. The gameplay is the only thing left that is good.

• 1 month later...