George Michael!

ErasOmnius

Well, another guy is turning 48 years of age this upcoming June besides me -- George Michael! Come the 4th weekend of June, there will be at least 2 b'day celebrations.

Been covering the Royal Wedding, and George has a lot to say about the festivities. He is sad that Alexander McQueen didn't get to design Kate's dress himself. Mr McQueen was a fashion designer who battled depression last year, and succumbed to suicide -- which is sad.

George is also rightfully sad that William had to go through his teen year's without his mother's presence. I can sort of relate to that , as my mother died when I was in my 20s, as well. Lastly, the BBC didn't air any parts of a special song that George wrote for the Happy Couple, which is wrong. George was one of the biggest selling artists on both sides of the Atlantic during the 1980s.

I don't think that George Michael gets enough credit for his contribution to the music industry. Isn't he partially Greek?

It seems that a lot of people who are Greek-speaking, study abroad in the British Isles. Yourself, George Michael, Prince Philip, Marina Sirtis from Star Trek: The Next Generation, and others. Is this a common thing?

I didn't study abroad. It is very common. Either the morons who fail in the Greek exams will study abroad with their daddy's money or the genius, who have already studied in Greece, to broaden their knowledge and experience. UK is trendy.

Oh yeah, reading here in wikiPedia, that George's father immigrated from Greek Cyprus to the London area in the 50's . Then sometime in the Sept/Oct of 1962, his parents got 'busy' and conceived him, just as mine did on this side of the Great Atlantic; and we were both born in June 1963.

He's always seemed like a nice guy, despite his brushes with the law.

• 3 weeks later...