Found "House Atreides" flaw

TMA_1

In the Appendix of Dune it says that shaddam the 4th was born  in 10,134 while Leto was born in 10,140. When you read house atreides it says that shaddam was about 30 when paul was only about 15. It is clearly a flaw in the prequels.

I can remember a correction to his burth date, it's in the back of the prequels. Could it be you mean this "error" ?

[ can't look it up right now, havn't got a copy of the books with me at the moment :) ]

It's rather a flaw in your reading, because it's about Leto (Pauls *father*) and not about Paul itself, and the matter is complicated even more by some errors in the original Dune book, you guessed it, in Shaddam and Fenring's birthdates

Antipasta read it yourself.lol its obvious that the prequels made the mistake. Frank herberts books are the original creation therefore in the fictional setting they are not wrong.

the only thing I found in all his books that was a mistake is when he said something was negative 36 degrees kelvin. There are no negatives in the kelvin model. thats all I have found. frank herbert wrote the universe therefore its unflawed. brian cant do any better then what frank did. I love the prequels but it stays like that.

the only thing I found in all his books that was a mistake is when he said something was negative 36 degrees kelvin. There are no negatives in the kelvin model. thats all I have found. frank herbert wrote the universe therefore its unflawed. brian cant do any better then what frank did. I love the prequels but it stays like that.

There are a lot more errors in Frank Herberts books than that.  Not as many as are in the new prequels, but quite a few.

There are some "errors" in the origional Dune novells by Frank Herbert. Small ones most of all, but still some errors. The age difference in Dune I is one of them. That's why Brain Herbert noted it in the time line of the prequels, not in the stary itself but in the back.

[ Sso it's not in the story of the prequals, it's a note to the story of Frank Herbert. ]

There was a link posted in another thread that led to a site that listed all the continuity errors in all the versions of Dune, but off the top of my head:

-Maud'Dib and Muad'Dib

-Muad'Dib was originally a star constellation

-The image in the moon was originally that of a fist

The star constellation disapeared and the image in the moon became Maud'Dib

-In God-Emperor Duncan remembers things from his previous life.   However, he died before these events had taken place

-Alia was a Reverend Mother: She did not have access to male memories in Dune or Dune Messiah, however, she did in COD

-Many visions of the future, both by Paul and Alia (especially relating to their respective children) are forgotten.  Although this can be argued that since they were visions, they could be changed.

Those are the ones I remember off the top of my head.

Er... the fist was the first moon, the second moon had the mouse on it.

Not the first couple times Maud'dib is mentioned.  It's a constellation only, and the fist in a moon is the only image in them.

• 3 weeks later...

Here are two more errors made by Frank Herbert:

- Scytale appears in the second book as a Face Dancer. However, in the fifth and sixth books he is a Tleilaxu Master.

-In the last book, not all of the Bene Gesserit are Atreides, still, they are supposed to be descendants from Siona. How is it possible they 're not Atreides since they carry Siona's cells.