'Baby Joseph' in London, ON

That beast, dirty pig, who dares call himself a judge but who is actually a modern day Herod, butcher of infants, is a criminal worth of execution. How does he dare to be self-appointed over the lives of little babies? Enough with Canada and his God defying anti human laws. They will pay.

I hope that either a doctor with conscience will offer his services and do that tracheotomy or a clinic will accept little Joseph.

Poor little boy. May YHWH remember him and execute judgement.

Depends entirely on who's expected to pay for it.

Though having said that, even then it could very well be considered a waste of hours that could be put into treating people that can, you know, get better.

Nobody has the right to judge where someone is going to die. Since the kid cannot decide itself it is the right of the parents to decide.ErasOmnius about which procedure are you talking about? I can perform 10 tracheotomies by the time it took me to write this post. 'Cutting a neck' doesn't take more than a second. OK, those are emergency ones, but still 2000? You know medical practice is big business nowadays...

I meant in the sense of people present, mostly. If the family wants him to die surrounded by family, take the family to the hospital. He won't be any less dead if taken somewhere else to do it. And it's not like he's even old enough to appreciate or indeed notice it.

In Canada, the taxpayers wold pay for the procedure. I really feel that this low amount of money for the simple insertion of a breathing tube, would go a long way for good relations. That baby is that woman's dear child that she carried for 9 months. She wants him to pass away at home with his family, not in a large hospital.

This makes me very happy.

You clearly haven't heard me talk about population control, or you might have known better.

You know, I'm sure I mentioned that in a previous skirmish. Can't be bothered looked it up. Ah well.

Ok, find me a surgeon and complete surgical team, and a hospital with a surgical theatre, all of whom are willing to donate their time, resources and care of other patients, for no cost, for a patient who's going to die anyway. If you can do that, I'll concede the point.

No, but I do now understand how you don't have an inkling what it's like to be a father, or even conjure up any fatherly feelings within yo.

But I do have a post that we can agree on, I'll start it soon. It's about Lady Ga Ga.

I find it interesting that neither of you can get Lady Gaga's name right. I mean... it's not difficult.

Riiight, ath. Public hospitals that are funded by governments? Public hospitals with budgets a great deal tighter than private hospitals who also tend to deal with more patients? Public hospitals with less money and more patients and less time. You think they're any more likely to donate to make a death more comfortable when they could be spending their resources on someone with a chance of life? Because I don't.

eras, I don't have children. It's kind of difficult to feel fatherly when one is not, in fact, a father, or indeed in a fatherly position to anyone. Given those circumstances, I don't think it's particularly surprising that I should lack any sort of paternal urge (though to be honest, I do think I have a pretty good grasp of the theory. It doesn't involve automatic empathy with everyone else in the world who's ever knocked someone up).

Drag--I guess it's a funny clip. But this Thread is specifically about the parent-child relationship. Is this Byrne fellow from Scotland?

I suppose that some good PR could have been generated by giving the poor child a tracheostomy, so that he could die in a hospice setting at home, but Canada has decided otherwise.

Byrne is Irish, you twit. A quick Google search (or indeed, listening to his accent) would have told you that.

PR? "That hospital spent time and money on someone with no chance of survival while my [insert name here] has been waiting for a triple bypass for months..." It might be seen as compassionate, but it would also be seen as pointless and wasteful. If there was enough money and time for someone to provide the surgery, I'm sure it would be provided. But there isn't. Triage has to be done. And an infant with 0% survival chance is very, very low priority for an invasive procedure.