Afghanistan War!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Escape from Kandahar Prison.

Featuring Kurt Russell.

I thought this was sad to hear. They spend all that time catching terrorists/criminals, but can't even keep them in prison. Shows how secure Afghanistan is.

Guantánamo leaks lift lid on world's most controversial prison

A number of British nationals and residents were held for years even though US authorities knew they were not Taliban or al-Qaida members. One Briton, Jamal al-Harith, was rendered to Guantánamo simply because he had been held in a Taliban prison and was thought to have knowledge of their interrogation techniques.

So the US captured someone who was a prisoner of the Taliban, and decided to imprison him.

They capture innocent prisoners elsewhere and imprison them to "protect" Americans...

Thanks for posting that. Too much material today and I forgot. ;-)

Yeah, I just found a nice analogy.

The USA find concentration camp survivors at end of WWII, and then send them to US prisons to learn about how they were tortured. Cause this info would be valuable in case of another German uprising. shocked.gif

Also love this

Al Jazeera journalist's six years in Guantánamo due in part to role at network

An Al Jazeera journalist detained at Guantánamo Bay for six years was held partly in order to provide information about the network's newsgathering operations

So USA kidnapped a journalist. I wonder how many of the detainees were actual terrorists wanting to kill Americans.

That story about the reporter is sickening. How can the USA hold it's face up at all? I am sending this out to all of our family acquaintances who have children in the military, to let them know about such a so-called 'great country' their children are dying and being maimed for.

I wonder if we'll still get the Osama videos released just before an election to scare voters into voting Bush. Those were the good old days.

I won't believe Osama is dead until I see his long form death certificate.

/sarcasm

I was referring to Afghanistan. But I cannot verify that either the photo or the events are real. NATO soldiers have been repeatedly accused for atrocities-not accidental slaughters-but intentional murders for fun or torturing of enemy and disrespect for the dead.

• 4 weeks later...