The True History of Mankind

You are possessed! (Not by demons though. LOL.) So you failed to read my post, or at least you didn't understand it.

I quoted some suggestions. That doesn't mean that I endorse them or that they are correct.

I am afraid I have to repeat it again:

'Of course we can leave our imagination to guess as much as we like.'

Santorini was a 'recent' event. It could only serve as a trigger for Plato to create his 'story'. But if Plato added and enhanced an already existing myth then the candidate couldn't be Santorini. Location, Size, Disaster, Dates are way off.

Yeah, I've seen the Exodus-connection nonsense. (Hint: "nonsense" means I'm not impressed. Where's the evidence that the Hebrews were really ever in Egypt? Oh those things that you're liable, to read in your Bible, they ain't necessarily so!)

And just as with the Hebrew scriptures, just because Plato says it was 10,000 years before doesn't mean it was. So the Santorini eruption is perfectly plausible.

That's true, there is no outside evidence that any descendants of Jacob were in the Nile area as settlers.

Santorini was a 'recent' event. It could only serve as a trigger for Plato to create his 'story'. But if Plato added and enhanced an already existing myth then the candidate couldn't be Santorini. Location, Size, Disaster, Dates are way off.

Where's the proof there was a pre-existing myth? Any writers mention Atlantis before Plato?

(By the way, your snide-ass comments in other threads have not gone unnoticed. I guess you get special leeway on this board if you're a "Christian" and a commie.)

...comments in other threads have not gone unnoticed. I guess you get special leeway on this board if you're a "Christian" and a commie.

Ha. That's a joke! Edric's fairly accurate Christian beliefs have simply allowed there to be a free flow exchange of ideas here.

But... really...we people who respect God, post only at the mercy of Gobalopper.

• 1 month later...

Roman/Ancient Greek findings in Northern Sri Lanka:

TamilNet: Antiquity of Jaffna city goes back to Roman times

(please you may have to bear their piece of propaganda though)

was an imported pottery associated with Greacco-Roman trade with South Asia. There were also imitations made probably in Bengal. The time range of the ware is between c. 2nd century BCE and c. 4th century CE.

Jaffna_searoutes.jpg